Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EH55 - Polbeth

masterg
4: Newbie

Been having problems with the signal indoors at home for a while and nobody can give me a straight answer. Have had 2 new.Sims which have made the situation worse (signal was just bad before but now it disappears completely at random intervals even when being used). Supposed to be 4g at home indoors but it isn't. Amazing really since Vodafone's current campaign falsely claims unbeatable indoor signal. Online chat are no good. They blamed a new building or trees for the issue which started nearly 10 months ago now and don't seem able or willing to help. Sick of Vodafone's lies and will be cancelling as soon as I am able because ee, o2 and 3 all have a very strong 4g signal in my house so I fail to see why Vodafone can't have this also. Feel like I'm just being ignored in the hope I'll shut up and go away

43 REPLIES 43

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@masterg - Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

pctechbloke
4: Newbie

Was this working for you ok before but suddenly stopped working 10 months ago?

Appears Vodafone use a mixture of 800 Mhz and 2600 Mhz for 4G.

Lower frequenciies tend to give better indoor coverage so I wonder if the base serving you is only transmitting at 2600Mhz now (only Vodafone will be able to say)

Yes it just seemed to stop 1 day. Everything was fine and then nothing. No 4g at all

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@masterg - Please get back to us with the information @Jenny requested.

We can then look into this further. 

Post Title: eh55 Polbeth

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No 4g signal indoors or in the street outside my house. I get 4G after travelling about 2 miles from my home

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

EH55 8TU

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No 4G signal at all and a very very slow H signal (typically no more than 2 mbps download). Signal randomy drops out to zero. Calls are very hard to understand because of very low quality. Calls drop out due to the signal disappearing (which happened during a phone interview once, needless to say i didnt get the job)

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All signals are too slow to be of any use so i have to rely on my home WIFI signal

6) When did you first notice this issue?

10 months ago, customer service have not been any help in resolving this issue with the network. They just jept blaming trees or new buildings (i think id have noticed a new building going up)

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

The signal is permanently so low its unusable

WI replied to this 2 days ago. Why is my reply with the completed template not showing?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@masterg Looking into your area, you should get a good 2G connection however 3G/4G may be limited to outdoors only. 

Please can you try changing your device settings down to 2G only and seeing if this helps your calls. 

For support with indoor coverage you can also check if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling or look into our Sure Signal device. 

I fail to see how that will help since my phone is set to 2g,3g,4g,auto. So it will use the strongest signal at the time, and, your own online checker shows quite clearly that I should get 4g indoors. 

Screenshot_20170822-083238.png