Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE availability

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you have staff that say things are available when they are not?

It’s very frustrating at how slow Vodafone are at getting reliability features going (even if they are half hearted efforts (WiFi Calling does not support SMS)).

So when is 4GCalling coming to iOS devices?

and why does WiFi calling not support SMS? 

D03B502E-5B6B-44EE-99C6-01BF201C1AE4.png

36 REPLIES 36

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In regards to WiFi calling and sms I personally think as it's a relatively new feature they will want to get it right and iron out any bugs and add more phones etc before adding further benefits. 

Regarding voLTE. 

This is still very much in its infancy and afaik available to very few handsets thus far. A Sony phone and the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and s7 for customers in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds and Inner London.

Hopefully as it matures then more phones will be added. I can but suggest to keep an eye on the Vodafone Blog. 

I totally appreciate if your getting conflicting information. What have you been told @Anonymous ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I’d give cserv a chat and see if 4G VoLTE is available and of course they told me my iPhone does support it and it just needs ‘enabling’ and it will work fine but this clearly isn’t the case.

You cannot trust Vodafone at all with regards to VOLTE, Both Sales and Customer service promised the Samsung S8 would launch with VOLTE enabled but 6 months down the line it's still not active.

Exactly the same thing is happening with the new IPhone I have spoken to Vodafone staff in store and also Sales & service all said that the IPhone 8 and Iphone X would launch with VOLTE but as many are finding out this is not the case and from what I can find out is not going to happen any time soon.

They just don't seem to have any interest if progressing with this which is very disappointing as my brother has it on his Sony XZ Premium and it works very well and is available all over the UK  with lots more places live other than the big cities expected.

The only outcome from this is if you want VOLTE don't use Vodafone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uno28

It’s so strange they’ve disabled VoLTE on the S8 but it works with the S7/Edge

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous @Uno28 You're able to view the information we have on VoLTE here

As you can see on the link provided, some plans taken out with us are VoLTE ready, however the devices have not yet been released for use on our end - this might be where any confusion is coming from. 

Thanks Alex, The question that myself and many others would like a reply from Vodafone on is, Why have Vodafone not get VOLTE enabled for customers on S8 and the Iphone 7 & 8 ?

EE,O2 & 3 have been offering this to their customers since the phones launched yet Vodafone do nothing and just say keep an eye on the website for updates yet 6 month down the line we still do not have the product available to use. This further confirms that it is just a business decison by Vodafone not to offer this to their customers.

I do hope that feedback from on here can be fed back to the sales and Customer service teams to not to promise and offer VOLTE to customers as it is not available apart from on the S7 range and Sony XZ Premium of which it works very well which makes it even more annoying for users with the new S8 model whom are paying higher price plans and longer on their contracts but are getting lower level of service.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Uno28 As we're still in the early stages of rolling out VoLTE across our network, this is being done step by step to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

We focused firstly on the Sony Xperia XZ in a specific location to enable us to release VoLTE to a very small group of customers. This allowed us to make any tweaks which may have been required without impacting a large portion of our customers and also allowed us to check the service was working perfectly 🙂

We're now releasing this to other areas of the UK and making this available on more devices, with the introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with even more devices to follow in the near future. 

There's no timescale for specific devices yet however when more are released, they'll be added onto our website

I can understand your feedback and will be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant departments. 

I do hope the above has helped you to gain more of an insight into the release of our VoLTE services. 

JamesBond
10: Established
10: Established

Hi there!

A Moderator mentioned that the network used a Sony Xperia XZ Premium for 4G Calling ( VOLTE ).  If I purchased an unlocked version of the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, would I be able to use this in areas where 4G Calling ( VOLTE ) is being tested / soft relased.  I do not wish to buy this and find that it does not pick up 4G Calling ( VOLTE ), as I would not be too happy.

I look forward to a Moderator replying.

Thank you.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesBond The Sony Xperia XZ does support VoLTE (4G Calling). 

You'd be able to get one of our great SIM only plans, alongside this device, and still benefit from VoLTE. 

You just need to make sure you choose one of our Red plans from our SIM only deals - I'd recommend one of our Red Entertainment plans so you're also able to take advantage of this offer and pick between Spotify Premium, Sky Sports Mobile TV or a NOW TV Entertainment Pass 😉
volte.PNG

If you're unsure if the plan you want includes VoLTE, simply click Choose plan and on the next screen you'll see a box the same as this. 

As shown in the picture of our 40GB Red Entertainment plan, 4G calling is ticked off, meaning it's available on this plan and if you've got a compatible device

If there's anything else you're unsure about, be sure to post back on this thread and we'll be happy to assist further 😊