Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WA9 St Helens

Richardoldroyd
3: Seeker
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, the call quality indoors is unusable so I have to go outside to make or receive calls.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

WA9 4WB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

My wife's phone has the same issue and I've had this one more than one device using a couple of SIM's

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The other side of the call can not hear me properly

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I first tried to make a call

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It occurs all the time.
39 REPLIES 39

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Richardoldroyd

@Unfortunately there is an issue showing right now for your local masts. 

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s still being worked on by our engineers. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

Vodafone Network Checker.

You can register for updates in the link. 

3G in your area is patchy. 

Turning off 4G & 3G to force 2G on your phones may help stabilise calls. 

Options such as a Sure Signal that works off Home Broadband to create a 3G signal in the home will help but does cost £69 for the device. 

Another option for people on an eligible tariffs and phones is Vodafone Calling Over Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Richardoldroyd The issue that's been flagged by @BandOfBrothers may not necessarily be the reason why you're experiencing trouble with your call coverage. 

When checking your postcode, I can see that 2G coverage is patchy, whilst 3G coverage is extremely limited.

Please test your mobile on 2G only via updating your phone settings and let us know if the issue continues. 

Richardoldroyd
Not the service I'd expect while in a town.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Richardoldroyd Apologies if the service doesn't meet your expectations.

We offer a 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee to all of our new customers, so if you're not happy with the service, you have the option to leave within the 30 days. 

If you're having issues whilst on 2G only and would like us to investigate, please get back to us. 

Hawkeye37
4: Newbie

Have no signal at work wa93jl there are 3 people with same problem no 4g tried everything 

had issue from when come back to voda now pi__ed off pay  for 24 gig data can't use it in the 2 paperwork and home never had this with bt

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 I've had a look into your area and can see you do have low coverage for 4G. 

If you'd like us to take a closer look, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

I have done all that now fed up with checking signal on it map all it tells me I have a problem I can't fix only u can all I seem to get is passed from person to person just want to be able to use my phone in the two places I need it the most it was going to be fixed last week still got no signal all day again 

Hawkeye37
4: Newbie

1 happens in 2 places 

2 wa93jl

Wa92ex

3 tried SIM in another phone and still happens

4 it shows emergeny calls only 

5 it happens on all 2g 3g 4g

6 feb 2017

7 issue Is all the time in wa93jl