Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WA9 St Helens

Richardoldroyd
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, the call quality indoors is unusable so I have to go outside to make or receive calls.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

WA9 4WB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

My wife's phone has the same issue and I've had this one more than one device using a couple of SIM's

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The other side of the call can not hear me properly

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I first tried to make a call

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It occurs all the time.
39 REPLIES 39

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 I've checked the area which you've provided and can see it's a low coverage area. 

I would expect you to get signal outdoors, however inside may be patchy. For help with indoor coverage, you may wish to check out or Sure Signal device or see if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling

Changing your device settings down to 2G only may also help you out, please give this a try 🙂

Have tried this 2 months ago

Wi-Fi calling is on its ok at home but not at work still get no signal and sorry not paying 69 pounds to get on a network already paying 44 pounds for

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hawkeye37 - Are you saying that you get no signal at all when you’re at your works postcode (WA9 3JL) and that it’s permanently showing emergency calls only when on 2G, 3G and 4G?

If so, is this both indoors and outdoors and how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Please describe the full issues you’re facing when at postcode WA9 2EX. 

I have to go up to 20 feet out side to get a signal at wa93jl at wa92ex the signal drops off a lot

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 I can understand the signal may drop off. However, as @Gemma has previously advised, can you please provide more detail into the issue which you're seeing. Please include:

• How frequent this issue happens
  • Is there a particular time of day this occurs?
  • Does the issue happen indoors or outdoors at WA9 2EX?
  • When the signal drops, how long does it take to regain service?

If possible, please also include screenshots of recent failures.  

It happens all day at work tryed going to 2g nothing I have to go outside to get the phone back on the wifi calling is hit and miss at home the signal seems to drop of anytime then comes back 

Was also told that this was going to be sorted out a couple weeks ago because there was fixing a issue near where I work this has now been going on 8 month's so u need to sort somtong out or cancel my contract now had enough never had this on bt 

R we going to cancel my contract or have we just given up because I have need to sort out I can understand 4g dropping off but everything and having no signal for a big part of the day not acceptable this is not what I would expect from voda 

@Hawkeye37 wrote:

R we going to cancel my contract or have we just given up because I have need to sort out I can understand 4g dropping off but everything and having no signal for a big part of the day not acceptable this is not what I would expect