Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WA9 St Helens

Richardoldroyd
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, the call quality indoors is unusable so I have to go outside to make or receive calls.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

WA9 4WB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

My wife's phone has the same issue and I've had this one more than one device using a couple of SIM's

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The other side of the call can not hear me properly

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I first tried to make a call

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It occurs all the time.
39 REPLIES 39

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 Thanks for getting back to us. Can you let us know what device you're currently using? 

If your phone's over two years old, it may not connect to every bit of our 3G network.

I have a Samsung s7 edge got in January 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 The only other thing we'd be able to do is raise your query with our Network engineers. 

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Please be aware that if you're signal has been this way since February 2017, your issue doesn't look to be a fault and would point towards the general coverage in your area. 

Ok so all the adverts about the best cover is a load a rubbish so u are telling that in a big town like st Helens there is a patch of bad coverage and your telling me nothing u can do about it so cancel my contract then I can go back to bt and get a signal at work can we sort this out

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 There's low coverage areas in different locations of the UK and there can be a number of reasons for this such as environmental factors, building types etc. We’re always updating and improving our network to make your signal stronger and your data speeds faster. We currently spend over £2.5 million per day on our network.

As I mentioned, we can raise your query with our Network engineers and they'll be able to look into your query further.

I've just replied to your recent email, please get back to me as soon as possible so we're able to proceed 🙂

Have brought it up with your network engineers at the moment still in the same place and now really not happy at all cancel this contract

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hawkeye37 Our Engineers have provided us with an update on your case reference INC3190357.

They've completed their investigations, and found that there are no faults or issues at WA9 3JL.

As you're on the verge of coverage at this area, they've advised that Wi-Fi Calling would be the best option.

What issues are you experiencing when using Wi-Fi Calling? If calls are of a poor quality or drop, this may be due to a number of factors such as:

- The download and upload speed of the Wi-Fi is lower than 1Mbps.

- A VPN is being used, which we're unable to support Wi-Fi Calling over.

- There may be a bandwidth issue with the Wi-Fi Connection that you're using, which we'd normally recommend rebooting the router, removing devices to reduce load, or contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP).

so what ur saying that after u spending 2.5 million a day that I have to used some one else internet to get a call now bearing in mind that I can't use the Wi-Fi at work now so no calls for me so where do I go from here 44 pound a month and can't use the network so cancel my contract asap and I can get on ee which I know work because someone has it at work 

Haha no reply 

What do I need to do to get this contract cancelled seeing nothing can be done to help me get a signal at work