main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

WA9 St Helens

Administrator

@Hawkeye37 Thanks for getting back to us. Can you let us know what device you're currently using? 

If your phone's over two years old, it may not connect to every bit of our 3G network.

View more options
4: Newbie

I have a Samsung s7 edge got in January 

View more options
Administrator

@Hawkeye37 The only other thing we'd be able to do is raise your query with our Network engineers. 

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Please be aware that if you're signal has been this way since February 2017, your issue doesn't look to be a fault and would point towards the general coverage in your area. 

View more options

Ok so all the adverts about the best cover is a load a rubbish so u are telling that in a big town like st Helens there is a patch of bad coverage and your telling me nothing u can do about it so cancel my contract then I can go back to bt and get a signal at work can we sort this out

View more options
Administrator

@Hawkeye37 There's low coverage areas in different locations of the UK and there can be a number of reasons for this such as environmental factors, building types etc. We’re always updating and improving our network to make your signal stronger and your data speeds faster. We currently spend over £2.5 million per day on our network.

As I mentioned, we can raise your query with our Network engineers and they'll be able to look into your query further.

I've just replied to your recent email, please get back to me as soon as possible so we're able to proceed 🙂

View more options

Have brought it up with your network engineers at the moment still in the same place and now really not happy at all cancel this contract

View more options

@Hawkeye37 Our Engineers have provided us with an update on your case reference INC3190357.

They've completed their investigations, and found that there are no faults or issues at WA9 3JL.

As you're on the verge of coverage at this area, they've advised that Wi-Fi Calling would be the best option.

What issues are you experiencing when using Wi-Fi Calling? If calls are of a poor quality or drop, this may be due to a number of factors such as:

- The download and upload speed of the Wi-Fi is lower than 1Mbps.

- A VPN is being used, which we're unable to support Wi-Fi Calling over.

- There may be a bandwidth issue with the Wi-Fi Connection that you're using, which we'd normally recommend rebooting the router, removing devices to reduce load, or contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP).

View more options

so what ur saying that after u spending 2.5 million a day that I have to used some one else internet to get a call now bearing in mind that I can't use the Wi-Fi at work now so no calls for me so where do I go from here 44 pound a month and can't use the network so cancel my contract asap and I can get on ee which I know work because someone has it at work 

View more options

Haha no reply 

View more options

What do I need to do to get this contract cancelled seeing nothing can be done to help me get a signal at work

View more options

Have to say customer service is not good at all

View more options

No signal for most of the day yesterday and  lookin forward to none today have to say well done to voda 

View more options

Can I ask is that it nothing ur going to do if so can it give me the number for the complaint side or outside complaint number because I have had enough being passed around

View more options

Your customer service is a load of rubbish 

View more options

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @Hawkeye37.

I'm sorry to see that you're unable to access Wi-Fi Calling when at work, and that you'd now like to leave us.

You can find more information on our leaving process here.

If we can help with any of the issues you're experiencing with Wi-Fi Calling, we'd recommend following the steps provided in my previous post.

Should you need anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

View more options

Just looked at ur leaving page no way am I paying to leave as it is ur network is not fit for purpose 

View more options
Administrator

@Hawkeye37 The results of our investigation found there are no faults in your area and the issues you've raised are due to general coverage.

If you did wish to cancel your contract because of the coverage at your work address, then you'd need to pay an early termination fee if you're still in commitment. 

View more options

Ok but why have voda contacted me to say there is and they are trying to sort it out on Tuesday 

View more options

Network not fit for purpose 

View more options

We're continuing to make improvements on our network @Hawkeye37, and I can see that we do have planned maintenance in the area, which can be seen on our network status checker.

Please keep an eye on our checker, as this will update with any other future upgrades, which may help to improve your service.

View more options