Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WS10 - Darlaston, Wednesbury

iar1980
4: Newbie

There has been a drop in signal strength in the area since they carried out maintenance works at a phone mast near by around one week ago. My Area is WS10 8BL

The signal strength has dropped in the region of around 10dbm.

The site ref in question is 3870 Pleck (M6), site location WS2 9SL.

Can you provide an update/guidance on what will happen going forward.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iar1980 – The frequencies Vodafone uses for 4G in your area ,are 800MHz and 2100MHz.

We also use 2600MHz and 1800MHz in some places, however these aren’t used in your area.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @iar1980

Your local masts are showing as fine using this link > Vodafone Official Network Checker  but on zooming out on the map it shows maintenance work was recently completed. It can sometimes take a few extra days for masts to settle after the work has been completed. This can sometimes affect other masts if network traffic is being re routed to compensate. 

This is being shown "We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 8am 06 May 2017 and 6pm 06 May 2017."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have noticed recently that 4g+ is showing on my phone from this location.

Can you confirm 4g+ (LTE-A) is now active in this area and what other frequency is enabled with 800mhz

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iar1980 - I’ve checked this and can confirm 4G is available in the area. :Smiling:

It’s a little patchy at your postcode though, so this will be most outdoors 4G coverage.

It’s only 4G that uses the 800MHz frequency.

a IMG_1646.jpg

Hi Jenny

I don't think you understood what i was trying to say. 4g has been available in this area for almost 3 years. It was one of the first areas to receive it in the country. What i am trying to say is has LTE-A been deployed in this area as the above screenshot with download speeds of above 100mbps and 4g+ symbol showing on the phone seems to show it has. If this is the case what other frequency has been paired with 800mhz? (1800mhz, 2100mhz, 2600mhz)

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iar1980 – The frequencies Vodafone uses for 4G in your area ,are 800MHz and 2100MHz.

We also use 2600MHz and 1800MHz in some places, however these aren’t used in your area.

Thanks Jenny