Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WS11 - Cannock

andyheathershaw
2: Seeker
Been using Vodafone perfectly fine at work with this phone since January. Last 2 weeks signal is extremely poor/non-existent and my phone is drained by end of the day as it's constantly trying to find a signal.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes - usually returns in about half a mile.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

WS11 7LT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Don't have access to another phone but up until a couple weeks ago it worked fine in this one! Don't have a problem anywhere else, just at work.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Phone signal drops to zero or 1 bars with no data connection. Sometimes it says I've got 1 bar with 4G but then you try and access data and it immediately drops to "no signal."

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

About 2-3 weeks ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent. Occasionally I get enough of a data connection that I get a flood of email notifications but then you try and open them and boom it's gone again!
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Local masts report as ok but on zooming out I see....

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s still being worked on by our engineers. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

When a surrounding mast(s) is at issue it can affect local masts if Vodafone are re routing network traffic to compensate. 

A person can Register for Updates in the link. 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

andyheathershaw
Thanks! I've registered for updates.

You're very welcome.  :Smiling:

I hope things clear up for you asap. 

Tip >

Periodically try rebooting the phone by turning it Off and On or if applicable turn Airplane Mode On and Off which will refresh the network connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

andyheathershaw
Cheers. At the moment I just leave it in airplane mode when I'm at work so I still have battery left when I get home!

Of course that makes it pretty useless as a phone but better than constantly having a dead battery for the journey home :Sad_face:

@andyheathershaw Are you still experiencing issues within this area? 

If you are, please contact us directly using the details from the private message I've sent. 

MailFlys92
1: Seeker

Thanks for your sharing. That really helped me a lot.