Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Weird text problem

crickleymal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I text my wife from work she receives the text but it comes from a completely different number to mine. When I'm at home the number she sees is my normal one. Any ideas please? We both have new phones from Vodafone, mines a Samsung and hers is a Vodafone. 

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you ported from another Network to Vodafone ? If so the porting in files may still be settling. 

It could be worth checking that your correct number is showing in your my number in the contacts app too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well Vodafone have just taken over Talk mobile who we were with but we switched 3 months ago. I don't see why the number she sees should vary depending on where I am.

AnnS

Hi @crickleymal

How strange.  

You don't mention the number displayed on your Wife's phone.   If the number is+447785016005 the message will be forwarded from the Vodafone Text Messaging Centre number.

It may also be worth checking if this only happens with your Wife's number.  It may simply be due to network at your work address where there has been a delay sending the message.

Seems to only be my wife's phone. If I text other people it's OK.  I think it is that number you posted. I'll ask her. I wonder why it is just her phone?

AnnS

Hi @crickleymal

It's certainly a strange one for sure. 

It may be worth taking a look at your Wife's message settings, it may solve the problem.  There is information on how this can be done on the link below.

How do I set up text messages?

Just checked. The number she sees is [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information content please see Community Guidelines]

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@crickleymal So we're able to look into this further for you, please contact our team directly using the link in the private message I've sent. 

We'll do everything we can to have this strange query resolved for you 🙂