main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

When roaming I can only connect to Vodafone.au even though there is 4G available from other networks

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm roaming in autralia where vodafone.au coverage is as bad as in the UK.  If the faintest of voadone reception is available I can only connect to that not the better Optus or Telstra.  Occasionaly I get onto optus, but everytime with Tesltra I can the message "your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"

So my partner roaming with EE is able to stream using 4G, whilst I cant even make a clear phone call.

Why?

It is just another reason why I cant wait until contract renewal time.  I need to use this phone for work

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

Your phone would auto connect to the network Vodafone partners with and if you choose to manually connect to another network in your phones settings if that's not holding then there isn't much you can do with that unfortunately @tuckleyn 

The alternative if your phone is unlocked to all networks would be to use a local sim card or another UK Networks sim card that allows you to latch to the best network or use wifi.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options