cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why do Vodafone discriminate against rurally located customers?

Brookside
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in postcode SO24 which is a rural area of Hampshire. The service is not great - normally 2G with occasional 3G. However this is not my gripe. There is an ongoing service issue with the mast in my area (Gilbert Street)- this has now been going on for over 5 YEARS with numerous complaints on my part, Vodafone acknowledge that this is a mast issue; Tech Support have said previously that this needs to be permanently sorted out - but it never is. So the latest outage from 21 Oct will not be "repaired" until 27th Oct. I have a Sure Signal but am advised by Vodafone that it is not compatible with the BT Home Hub 3. I can't upgrade the hub as the broadband line is not suitable!.

So in the meantime - I have no contact with my business clients who mainly use my mobile for contact.

What I would like to know is why Vodafone discriminate against rural customers taking 6 days to sort out a service problem. If it was in a city it would not be tolerated I am sure since there would be uproar and people would be able to vote with their feet and go elsewhere. How much longer can this be allowed to continue!!

8 REPLIES 8

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Brookside, so we can take a look into this for you, please get back to us with your full postcode (if you'd prefer not to post this, you can add this to your Community profile).

Hi Natasha - you already know where the mast is - Gilbert Street Farm, Ropley. I have since been contacted by Prime Contact who advised that work has been going on again last week. I did query what actual work was being done to permanently rectify the signal problems with this mast over the past 5 years that consistently return. Prime Contact tried to put me through to Tech Support to to advise - but they could not get a response from them. They advised I would receive a call back.....but not so far. Suspect it will end like all the other times.....it will work fine for a while and then fault will reappear. As Prime Contact agree this is not an unreasonable request.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@Brookside wrote:

I have a Sure Signal but am advised by Vodafone that it is not compatible with the BT Home Hub 3. I can't upgrade the hub as the broadband line is not suitable!.

This is absolutely not true. I've had Sure Signal for years working quite happily with various BT Home Hubs.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Then you must be an electronic genius since Vodafone technical support themsleves advised that it is not compatible and I can testify it does not work.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

jeffkinn

What a truly terrible response!!

I am telling you that my last two Sure Signals have worked out of the box with all of my Home Hubs with no issues at all. There is a problem with Business Hubs but not home hubs. Take the information and do something with it or leave it - I don't care. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Personally I don't actually care what you think !. The reality is that is does not work, Vodafone confirm it won't work and unless you really are a genius - which you must be to get it working when the network provider says is won't (and it doesn't) - then I suggest you really don't have very much to contribute to this issue. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Brookside Our Sure Signal will work with the BT Home Hub, however on some occasions it's not as simple as plug and play. 

You may need to change the Port Forwarding settings on your router to allow the Sure Signal to connect. 

For further information on how to do this and the ports you'd need to open, we'd advise you contact your Internet Service Provider. 

BandOfBrothers

@Brookside

I'm in no way shape or form a technical genius but I did find a similar thread on the Community Forum. 

There is some advice from a Vodafone Staff Member in there. 

Appreciate it's in connection to a Home Hub 5 too. 

My apologies if you've either seen this thread or have already tried the advice. 

Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Home-Hub-5-with-a-Sure-Signal-3.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.