cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is 4G / internet coverage so poor in N14 North London?

MartinJOShea
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone please explain to me why my Samsung Android mobile phone is often unable to receive a decent signal to allow connection to the internet in N14 North London? 

In some parts of North London, I have no problems. However, all too often in N14, all I receive when trying to access a web page via my mobile phone is a message saying that a page's DNS cannot be found or that there is no internet. The signal indicator on the device will vary between 4G, 3G, H, H+ and often no bars will appear appear indicating signal strength.

Any information would be welcome especially from a Vodafone employee or representative.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What model of Samsung phone do you own @MartinJOShea 

A person can also check their local and surrounding masts via status-checker and the Vodafone Social Media Team's can take a look if you use the template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers: Thanks for your reply and I will check the templates you refer to.

As for https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker, I find that this is somewhat inconsistent.

I am using a Samsung G5 Mini which is in very good condition and fault-free as far as I know.

I asked about the model of phone as some Samsung phone's have been known to lose connection easily.

All Network's suffer from not spots,  fringe coverage and in some cases mast congestion which could be a factor in your case.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers and @AnnS: Thank you for the replies. The browser cache has bene cleared and the network reselected.

I will see how things progress.

AnnS

Hi @MartinJOShea 

Looking t the coverage checker you should have excellent reception at the location.  However, using the zoom out feature, you are on the edge of a patch of no coverage.

I would recommend clearing the cache and history on your phone browser, this should sort out the DNS issue.  For the network issue, try going into your network settings, select manual and do a network scan, select any other network and let the phone reject the request and reselect Vodafone, this will update the SIM on the network.

If you SIM is quite old, this can also affect performance, it might be worth asking Vodafone to send a replacement SIM and activate the new SIM here: Replacement SIM cards 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @MartinJOShea, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having around the N14 area. It's important to note however, as with all radio-based systems, service may also be affected by a number of local factors which are outside our control. This could include things like changing phones as some devices pick up mobile reception better than others. We'd like to help you investigate this a bit further if you've tried what both @BandOfBrothers  and @AnnS  suggested. So we can get the ball rolling, please drop us a message via social media here 👍