main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Why is my website being blocked by Vodafone Mobile and Broadband

JLANTSBERY
3: Seeker

I have made a weather webcam site and it went live this weekend. Everything works well. However, when anyone tries to access the site from a Vodafone mobile connection, or from Vodafone broadband the site is blocked. From Vodafone mobile the message "This site can't be reached" is returned. From Vodafone Broadband the message "ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED" is recieved. The issue does not occur on any other mobile network or broadband provider.

The website is www.truroweathercam.uk

Can you please check the URL and let me know why it is blocked on your networks?

Thanks

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Evie

Hey there @JLANTSBERY - How odd! I'm on the Vodafone mobile network and also cannot access the site, receiving a 'DNS' error.

Could you provide us with a screenshot of the error you get when trying to access your website over Vodafone Broadband please? I'll then collate this info and send it to the dedicated team for them to investigate.

View more options
JLANTSBERY

Hi @Evie,

Please see below a picture of the error message recieved when using a PC connected to Vodafone broadband, and from a phone connected to Vodafone wifi.

View more options
Mark

Thanks for confirming the errors you're getting @JLANTSBERY, this has been raised to our Teach team and they're looking into this. I can see @Evie is monitoring our investigation and will contact you with any updates as we get them 😊

View more options
Evie

Your website seems to up and running on our network now @JLANTSBERY - I can access it, along with a few other of my colleagues and can see it's currently 11degrees and misty 😋

Could you test it for us as well and let us know how you get on please?

View more options
JLANTSBERY

Hi @Evie,

That's excellent. Thanks for your help. All seems to be well, on my Vodafone phone and on friend's netwroks that are on Vodafone. I'm surprised the site says that though. It's sunny 365 days a year here.

Kind Regards

View more options
Evie

That's great to hear @JLANTSBERY 😁 I wish I could say the same for weather where I am 🌧

You know where to find us if you need anything else, stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week!

View more options