main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Why is your 'Network Status Checker' inaccurate/misleading?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have been without 4G reception in my local area (SL9 9AL) for 9 out of ten days now; first reported 7th July.

It has taken some chasing to get info - allegedly there has been an equipment failure and engineers are waiting for 'access' to land in order to repair (courtesy of your Customer Relations 12th July).

The lack of resolution frustrates me, but what frustrates me MOST is that your Network Status Checker constantly shows a 'perfect/normal' 4G reception in this and the wider area; it's nonsense. I have pointed this out to two different members of your customer relations team over the past week.

How is this acceptable?? I have regular screenshots to verify this.

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
17: Community Champion

@Darren99 

I agree as the page refreshes every 15 minutes then when an issue presents itself via their networking engineers the page should be updated to reflect that asap.

I assume the Vodafone Agents have a more detailed version.

Vodafone have a Coverage disclaimer.

Our coverage checker was last updated on 11th Jul 2019 and network status information refreshes every fifteen minutes.Coverage may vary by location. This map shows a computer generated prediction in a given area. It should be used as a guide only and is not a guarantee of actual signal coverage. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and even weather conditions. Data reception or speed may not be as good indoors or in a car. "

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the 4G in your area and know how important it is to be able to stay connected @Darren99.

The local serving site you're connected to (3089) looks like it's undergoing some maintenance at the moment.  Quite often there can be delays due to engineers work, many of which external factors are beyond our control, they’ll always try to find alternative resolutions and will continue to work to get this fixed. 

I'm sorry this hasn't been updated on the status checker and have asked for this to be looked into by our Network team. 

View more options

Dear Vodafone,

It is now 12 days since reporting this issue to you - and noone (from your Suppoer or Customer Relations teams) has since been in touch with any update.

Your network status checker page STILL shows 'no issues'. Sweeping everything under the 'red' carpet!!

I think the service and support from Vodafone are shockingly poor - who can this be escalated to, please?

View more options

@Darren99 I'm sorry to hear you've been left without answers to your network issue, we'd love to chase this up for you and get you connected again! So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

View more options

Josh,

I'm afraid that I do not use Facebook or Twitter. I have already reported this to Vodafone via their website, three weeks ago - I have confirmation of receipt - nothing has been followed up on.

Another week has passed - no 4G - your network status page STILL claims all is good - it must be clear to Vodafone that this is not so. After some digging, I believe (?) that O2 share the same mast - at least their website openly admits that the mast has a fault. This mast is by the roadside.

What are you waiting for??

Three weeks, nothing? So what now? Why am I still paying you for something that you can no longer provide??

View more options

@Darren99 Sorry you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account in order to contact a member of our team. I appreciate you've taken the time to report the network issue in your area to us - thank you for this. I'm sorry if this hasn't yet been updated on our Network Status Checker. So this can be looked into right away, please contact our Live Chat team or give us a call on 191, free from your Vodafone mobile.

View more options

Loz,

'yet been updated' - it's three and a half weeks later! Why can no-one give me an answer to the title of this post - why is your status inaccurate, and why was it still so nearly a month after reporting this to you??? Why?

As regards my service - I now have 4G restored; after reporting this to O2 - I have had a text this evening (from O2) to say that service has been restored. And so it has. What a shame I can't get this service from my own network (who share the same mast). You used to provide this kind of service - clearly no longer. The moral of this story is.........

View more options