Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling SMS

marshalex
4: Newbie

Has there been anything further on this. It's a bit of a joke that Vodafone are only implementing a half hearted attempt at WiFi calling compared to EE and Three, even worse that it's been this way now for nearly a year with no signs of changing.

I'm getting fed up of having to use a suresignal (infinitely unrelaible) and WiFi Calling isn't a suitable option until it supports both calls and SMS. I'm reluctant to enable it on my account again for calls as last time I did it caused all sorts of call routing issues (I understand that you can't have a suresignal and WiFi calling enabled but happy to be corrected). This, coupled with the recent changes Vodafone have made to Roaming (mandatory world traveller) has only added to my frustrations again.

17 REPLIES 17

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I'm happy to correct you. I have a Sure Signal and Wi fi calling living happily side by side on my phone.

I also find the Sure Signal very reliable.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi @marshalex

There isn't any news officially from Vodafone in regards to adding the SMS option. 

It's a relatively new feature accessible to certain contracts and phones so I would think they'd want to mature the feature before they add SMS. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's not really a new feature is it? It's been available since last summer so some progress should have really been made by now considering the progress the competitors have made.

Hmmm I'm confused on the WiFi calling/suresignal at the same time then as I was told (after 9 months of sure signal issues) by tech support that one caused conflicts with the other. Slightly confused now.

jeffkinn
When my phone is connected to my Sure Signal Wi Fi calling isn’t active as I get a full 3G signal. If I were to turn the SS off, Wi Fi calling would kick in immediately. I cannot comment on the advice given by the network’s tech department, but this is the first instance on the forum of someone being told that one interferes with the other.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

I fully agree that Vodafone have not adopted WiFi calling to the same sort of extent that competitors have. When I took out my contact last March with an LG G5 I specifically asked if the feature would be available on the device to which I was told yes, only to then find out a few weeks later that Vodafone don't support WiFi calling on anything other than a Samsung or iPhone models.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I brought this up a while ago because WiFi Calling was specifically designed to accommodate both Calls and SMS but Vodafone have chosen, for whatever reason, to only implement half of the service. Now every other full carrier operator have implemented WiFi Calling fully; Vodafone are again left behind. 

It's a bit disappointing and there's no explanation for this.

Apparently it's down for rollout during June/July 2017

Do you mean sms will be supported on wifi calling in june/july 2018

Sorry, yes, 2018