Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling bad reception/signal

Flybee
3: Seeker
I've been with Vodafone before it was Vodafone. Used to swear by them but this last 10 years the service is .... poor to say the least.
I've been paying for a service I can hardly used due the sometimes non existing signal. I'm not in mountains or rural area but the 3 counties. I up grade my fone every two years. Just received notification of wifi calling... think it was new to Vodafone... seems not. Switched it on..... signal was worse than ever even cutting out signal to the point itsoon pointless making a call. Switched it off and can't remove it from my fone.
Really regret having to renew my contract but when a puppy chews your fone just before Xmas...
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I appreciate how frustrating it is when signal fails, fringe coverage or intermittent connection presents issues.

May I ask which phone your using ?

Calling Over Wifi obviously shouldn't have those effects you state. 

Calling Over Wifi should only engage when Network signal fails. 

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks certain questions that will Help us and the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers.
Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

It does make sense to utilise the Network that provides the strongest signal where a person lives, works and commutes. 

Options such as a Sure Signal that works off Home Broadband to create a 3G signal in the home will help but does cost £69 for the device. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Flybee
It seems to always be the answer.... buy yet another one of Vodafone devices to make sure I get the service I'm already paying for and not getting.
Why should I pay another £70 to get a signal.
I'm already paying £45 for the Red plan.
My fone is a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge all up to date too.
Your customer reviews are getting worse for the lack of service.
I pay you to give me a signal for my fone I am NOT pay ing for a plug to maybe get a signal

Flybee
It seems to always be the answer.... buy yet another one of Vodafone devices to make sure I get the service I'm already paying for and not getting.
Why should I pay another £70 to get a signal.
I'm already paying £45 for the Red plan.
My fone is a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge all up to date too.
Your customer reviews are getting worse for the lack of service.
I pay you to give me a signal for my fone I am NOT pay ing for a plug to maybe get a signal.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent
LU7

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

happens all round where I live and work

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

LU7 9DY

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

IF I GET ANY SIGNAL IT'S ONLY 2G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I switched on wifi calling

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

All the time on n off every day.... constantly loose signal and conversation ends

jeffkinn

The coverage map shows you should get 4G indoors and outdoors.

Is your problem in one location or more widespread?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Flybee
My problem is at home and when I check on the coverage map it says I should get 2G

Flybee
2G current coverage report (what is 2G?)

Outdoors and indoors - you should be able to make and receive calls and texts.

Live in a basement flat? Mobile signals tend not to be as good when underground.

jeffkinn

2G is what used to be called GPRS for data.

You live in a basement flat?

The construction of a property is usually the reason why you get bad reception in an area that should be good. Lots of thick walls or iron work such as RSJ's make a huge difference to mbile signals.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Flybee
No... I don't live in a basement. I live on a boat, no mountains/hills/buildings to obstruct signal.
It's only been this bad, as in having to fone folk back over half a dozen times to finish the conversation, since I switched on the wifi calling. It's was rubbish signal before but now.....
I just wish Vodafone would stop making up lame excuses and deal with the fact that their service is about the worst in the UK and customer satisfaction is at its all time low.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Flybee I've checked your postcode and can see that you should be getting a good 2G signal from site 35059, however 3G and 4G services are patchy. 

You'll benefit from switching your settings to 2G only to utilise calls and text messages.