main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

auto change from 4 to 3 to 2G

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I need a sure signal where I live even though the network map says that I live in an excellent 4G coverage area, my sure signal died on Sunday and I can not make or receive calls on my mobile, why does my J4+ not appear to auto select. it is set up to do this!

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Interceptor 

This has come up before and one of the replies was From PedroC1999 " Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.

They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Band of brothers,

Thanks for the reply, I have just tried to swap to 2G to see what happens waiting for phone to restart. I have to drive a mile down the road to get a signal! Also just looked at connecting to wifi calling and although the Vodafone site says it supports the J4+ and I follow the instruction I don't have the WIFI calling switch in the phone settings! Not frustrated at all!! Phone now restarted still no signal on 2G.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Interceptor 

It's strange that you are unable to use your phone for calls when you have excellent 4G reception as noted from the Coverage Checker, it would be worth giving the Social Media Team an example of the issue from this link , when investigations have been completed the Team will let you know the outcome.

Vodafone stopped selling the Sure Signal at the end of April and now promote WiFi calling, your phone is on the list of phones compatable with the the service.  If you are on an eleigible tariff this could well be worth considering as an alternative:  What do you need to get WiFi Calling? 

edited to add:  Try texting calling to 97888, you should get a return text to let you know WiFi calling has been enabled on your account.  Also, this can be turned on from your phone application.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi AnnS,

Thanks for the reply, the sure signal has gone back for repair to Vodafone under warranty, less than 2 years old. on My Vodafone I have the service as part of my bundle, think its another trip to the shop!

View more options
Highlighted

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'RG23

1) Many Locations are poor but this address is no coverage at all but the coverage map says excellent 4G

2) Oakley Basingstoke.

3) Haven't tried but it happened in the last phone as well hence buying the sure signal 

4) Sometimes emergency calls only

5) All

6) Years ago

7)  permanent 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Interceptor 

I hope you are able to get some help from the store, but to save yourself a journey send the Social Media Team a DM through Twitter or Facebook with a link to this thread.  You can try the usual Customer Service, live chat or 191 but the Social Media Team have a lot of success and will get your WiFi calling working.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi AnnS,

it would be a plan but not a social media person! don't do Facebook or Twitter I am only 5 mile out of Basingstoke so will go in tomorrow.. Thanks anyway.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi helpers,

After an hours wait in the store they were of no help at all, checked my contract and that the wifi calling was enabled, then said that I would need to talk to customer services.

After 2 hours talking with Live chat the outcome was that they think the sim card is faulty, even though I get a full signal in many other places including the shops, and they will send me a new one which arrived today. Also logged a complaint about the abysmal signal at my location even though it shows as excellent, again supposedly down to the sim card!! We will see.  

View more options