main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

can send SMS but dont recieve

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi all

so last few weeks I have been having issues with SMS, i can send them fine but i cannot recieve them.

I contacted Vodafone, and now so many times im loosing the will, ive jumped through all their hoops and still having the same issue. (never had the issues before and havent changed sim or device). ive tried sending/recieving to/from different contacts, tried sim in 3 different phones, even got a new sim card and lost count on how many times checked sms service number 'just in case' but the issue persists BUT following Vodafones technical help (repeatidely) its apparent that SMS has stopped working inbound over 4G and 3G but not 2G.

I go about my day on 4G sending texts, making and recieving calls, enjoying 20+mbps data speeds but I do not recieve inbound SMS or even delivery reports.

If i switch to 3G i can send texts, make and recieve calls and get a decent 10+mbps data but I do not recieve incoming SMS or even delivery reports.

If i switch to 2G however i instantly get a backlog of inbound text messages and delivery reports, can also make and recieve calls although 0.02mbps data isnt exactly worthy of keeping 2G on constantly.

its driving me mad and vodafone have no solution and whilst it is only sms, sms is part of the service my contract pays for so why does it only work on 2G? 

TIA :Smiling:

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your frustrated with this @raybbl 

From your troubleshooting it does appear this is somehow account related.

Can I ask does this happen everywhere you go or in one particular area  ?

You could let the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries take a look if you contact them via the link.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options