Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

https://www.thepartycompany.co.uk/ vodafone blocking website securenet

Mrdave
3: Seeker

hi

can you help, we have complaints that customers cannot access our website using vodafone.

1 - a vodafone mobile phone with whats my ip address 85.255.235.34 - sim card cannot access the website

2 - but if that phone connects to the network using ip  148.252.129.225 it can access the website no problem.

it makes no sense other than securenet is blocking the website on a particular ip range and this is a website that sells balloons?

please can you check that vodafone is not restricting the website on any connection.

https://www.thepartycompany.co.uk/

many thanks

D

13 REPLIES 13

Mrdave

Hi

it would appear that we can access the site using googles primary dns 8 8 8 8 via a router, but not using vodafone mobile data, so 4g or 3g. which i guess use vodafone ?

We have always had problems with this, please can the admin or someone  let me know if you can access the website, why does this domain keep getting blocked.? others on the same server can be accessed fine.

https://www.thepartycompany.co.uk

the ip of the server 

please help!!

thanks

many thanks

D

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us about this @Mrdave 

I've raised this to our IP Services team to get them to look at the classification, to see if we can stop this from happening - I'll let you know when we have an update 🙂 

Mrdave

Please can you look into an urgent  issue for me.

website www.thepartycompany.co.uk cannot be accessed using the Vodafone 4g network.

The ip address

The website can be accessed via any other network. Vpn EE, everyone else but nobody using vodafone isp/vodafone UK

It would appear that the Vodafone network has blocked it for access, but we do not know why.

It Is a website that provides balloons for delivery in the uk, the content is suitable for all ages, we have many large companies who rely on accessing our website & galleries.

Please can you urgently look into this. We are a Vodafone business customer.

Please remove the domain www.thepartycompany.co.uk from any block list and confirm.

If there is any more information required, please can you contact me, I have spent most of the morning speaking with your team, who have been helpful but only suggested that the way to report this is via a public forum.

I do not find that a very good means to report such a problem.

Please can someone let me know asap, if anyone else can confirm or deny if they can access it, it may help reduce my heart rate. 

thank you..

if anyone can let me know why this has happened, i would like to avoid it happening again...

Hi @Mrdave This has already been raised to the IP team who are investigating the access issue. As soon as we have an update for you we will let you know. 

Hi, thats great thank you. It is causing us a major problem, we are unable to access our business.

We are a vodafone business customers, we use vodafone to connect to our own server, which as reported is blocked when we try.. so we cannot access anything, website, emails, nothing.

There are no account settings in our vodafone account that would prevent access. Our clients are of the best calibre, the website is a place for customers to order and view the gallery.

Customers can only access if they use a vpn. even you own support team in egypt connected to it using their own broadband, there is nothing to suggest the website is refusing any connections, or would we know how to do that.

the website works perfectly,

please fix it we will send you a balloon as thanks !

thank you.

Dave

Any update ?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mrdave! I've checked the request for you and the update from the team is that the domain no longer exists. When I try to access this I get a "the site can't be reached error". Is the domain still up and running?

I've noticed we sent off the same URL for reclassification in October, have you made any changes to your website between then and now? I've also emailed the team further to look into this for you

Hi 

it is up and running fine, we did move server around that time

it is just Vodafone needs to update it. The dns resolves fine

thank you. I can still not access it using Vodafone dns, but I can with everyone else. 

Here is the dns, you can access it.

I think the ip address wants updating on your dns

13ADCDE0-469B-4A64-92EF-E6CDFA4B3237.png