cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

i have data but cannot make calls at heathrow?

imatourist
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung S8+ but on Thursday when I was in the heathrow area specifically the Hilton at heathrow and at terminals T2 and T5 I found I had data but could not make calls as I was "not registered on the network". It's not an issue on my end as it worked fine in Brussels and Toronto the day before and the day after respectively.

never had this problem before at heathrow

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As your phone is working fine in other locations I can only surmise that at that time the masts were at issue or congested when you tried to make a call @imatourist

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @imatourist

If you mean you were unable to make a call over WiFi, WiFi calling will kick in when there is little or zero mobile signal.

If this happens again and you are unable to connect to the network to make a call after returning from overseas, try updating the SIM on the network, this is done by going into your network settings, choosing an alternative network and back onto Vodafone followed by a reboot, this will force the SIM to update on the network.

double post

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @imatourist

If you mean you were unable to make a call over WiFi, WiFi calling will kick in when there is little or zero mobile signal.

If this happens again and you are unable to connect to the network to make a call after returning from overseas, try updating the SIM on the network, this is done by going into your network settings, choosing an alternative network and back onto Vodafone followed by a reboot, this will force the SIM to update on the network.

no i was not making a wifi call. i was trying to make a regular phone call. I turned the phone off and on multiple times, i selected vodafone manually in select network, i tried it with select automatically and nothing would work. it would connect for 10 sec and then when i tried to make a call it would say "not registered on network"

i did do as you suggested. I selected selected o2 then restarted the phone then back to vodafone. nothing would work.

63johnw

Hi @imatourist are you a Vodafone UK customer or visiting the UK?

If visiting then could you have some sort of roaming bar added to your account from your home network?

I'm visiting the UK. I've never had that problem before though and when I was in Brussels later that day it worked perfectly. The first thing I did was call my carrier Rogers Canada and talk to them about it. There are no issues on my end. I have a $10/day unlimited roaming option.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @imatourist

Unfortunatley Roaming can still be a hit and miss affair :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

figured out the problem. Samsung region locking.

63johnw

@imatourist wrote:

figured out the problem. Samsung region locking.

Thanks for letting us know but strange how it's worked before ?