Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

network issues in DL12 - Whorlton

ipolnufc1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? all over the village

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? DL12 8XQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? no - all phones effected

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all

6) When did you first notice this issue? yesterday

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? occasionally get one bar then drops out again

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Your masts show as no issues but the network checker dies indicate your in a fringe coverage area. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

A sure signal for use on home broadband at home that creates a 3g signal would be a resolution but dies cost a one off £69

Or if using an eligible phone and contract calling over WiFi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

lived here 4 years - not been an issue till now - everyone who visits here has problems if they are NOT on Vodafone usually - is this a ploy by Vodafone to sell boosters?!

BandOfBrothers

Changes such as new buildings, extensions to existing buildings and population growth can all affect signal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i realise that - but this is a small village - no new buildings - no extensions in last 2 days - no leaves on the track! - nothing has changed - perfect day today - cloudless sky - no wind - trees all bare - nothing to stop the signal- but still nothing - and all i get from Vodafone is - 'there are no issues in your area' - ##~##!

Post Title: DL12 - Barnard Castle

1) all of village o0f Whorlton

2) DL12 8XQ is specific location

3) yes - all phones and sims in village effected

4) no service

5) happens on all 2g, 3 g whatever

6) first noticed yesterday?

7) permenant - occasionally get one bar then it goes again

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ipolnufc1 I've checked your local serving site (8494) and can see on 6 March there was a slight dip in performance.

However, the site has been performing correctly since.

Please let us know if you're still having trouble gaining a connection and we'll be able to look into this further for you. 

Hi, we also live in Whorlton and never had any problems with Vodafone until yesterday, both myself and my husband are with Vodafone and for the last 2 days we have had " no service".. what's going on??

still no service

Hellebore
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,just seen this....we also live in Whorlton and never had any problem at all with Vodafone and now both my phone and my husbands say no service and have done for the last two days. What's going on??