Welcome to Vodafone Community
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? all over the village
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? DL12 8XQ
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? no - all phones effected
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Service
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all
6) When did you first notice this issue? yesterday
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? occasionally get one bar then drops out again
Post Title: DL12 - Barnard Castle
1) all of village o0f Whorlton
2) DL12 8XQ is specific location
3) yes - all phones and sims in village effected
4) no service
5) happens on all 2g, 3 g whatever
6) first noticed yesterday?
7) permenant - occasionally get one bar then it goes again
Your masts show as no issues but the network checker dies indicate your in a fringe coverage area.
A sure signal for use on home broadband at home that creates a 3g signal would be a resolution but dies cost a one off £69
Or if using an eligible phone and contract calling over WiFi.
lived here 4 years - not been an issue till now - everyone who visits here has problems if they are NOT on Vodafone usually - is this a ploy by Vodafone to sell boosters?!
Changes such as new buildings, extensions to existing buildings and population growth can all affect signal.
i realise that - but this is a small village - no new buildings - no extensions in last 2 days - no leaves on the track! - nothing has changed - perfect day today - cloudless sky - no wind - trees all bare - nothing to stop the signal- but still nothing - and all i get from Vodafone is - 'there are no issues in your area' - ##~##!
@ipolnufc1 I've checked your local serving site (8494) and can see on 6 March there was a slight dip in performance.
However, the site has been performing correctly since.
Please let us know if you're still having trouble gaining a connection and we'll be able to look into this further for you.
Hi,just seen this....we also live in Whorlton and never had any problem at all with Vodafone and now both my phone and my husbands say no service and have done for the last two days. What's going on??
Hi, we also live in Whorlton and never had any problems with Vodafone until yesterday, both myself and my husband are with Vodafone and for the last 2 days we have had " no service".. what's going on??
Signal been ok all weekend now back to 'no service' so frustrating - i need my ohone for my business - not good enough Vodafone.
We are having the same exact issue in a neighbouring village.
The post code is DL11 7DA. We have two phones on Vodafone and the signal has been appalling in the last few weeks.
It seemed to conincide with some work being done on our network at the start of March. The signal has not been correct since.
@szgldt - I’ve checked the network in your area and your local sites all look to be performing fine.
However, the coverage at that postcode is patchy and is mostly outdoors only – if you change your network settings to 2G only, this may improve the level of coverage you receive.
Keep an eye on our UK coverage checker for any changes planned in your area.