Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

poor/negligible signal at home

dm27
1: Seeker

Hi,
was told by your twitter people that I had to go this route to report poor/negligible signal at home.
postcode de13 8ag.
often no service, sometimes one/two bars in isolated corners of the house; image from your checker below. this is not an isolated/remote location.
been a customer for at least 10 years. signal seems to have deteriorated not improved. can  anyone help?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can see the network checker is showing that your postcoded area is fringe coverage. 

May I ask if you've tried turning off 3g to force 2g to see if that improves call quality?

The Network Checker suggests using a Sure Signal which creates a 3g signal in the home that works off home broadband WiFi. Screenshot_20170918-145511.jpg

For those on eligible contracts and phones then Calling Over WiFi maybe an option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks for reply
- but spend £69 to get something I really should get already? (and which I pay for)
from the map the whole village (population close to 5000) poorly served
switching supplier probably easier, sorry to say - as I'm a Vodafone shareholder

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dm27 I've taken a closer look into your coverage.

I can see your local sites are performing fine and there aren't any faults in your area.

There is very little 3G and 4G (outdoor only), so we advise switching your device settings to 2G to help.

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G as mentioned by @BandOfBrothers.

You can also keep an eye out of any planned upgrades in your area.