Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken Beats by Dre

Colleen_333
1: Seeker

Purchased Beats by Dre at Vodaphone 8 months ago. I understand that the headphones have a 1 year warranty. The wire is wearing out at the point of connection to the headphones and would like to know if anyone knows how to go about getting these replaced or repaired??

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I would suggest to look at the Consumer Rights Act 2015

It is the seller of the product that provides warranty help and not the manufacturer. 

Although most manufacturers will listen and help whenever they can. 

Beats themselves offer a  edit 12 month manufacturing warranty but you'd need to check Vodafones T&c as they supplied the item. 

Fair wear and tear wouldn't be covered. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Colleen_333

Unless you were able to prove the headphones were faulty at the time of purchase, you would be unable to claim under the Consumer Rights Act as you have been using the headphones for the previous 8 months and only now the wire is wearing at the point of connection, you may have a problem.

As Beats headphones are an Apple product with a one year warranty, the best thing to do is to contact Beats direct, they have a support section on the website and will be in a good position to recommend repairing or replacing the headphones.

Beats Headphones

techblogger911
4: Newbie

I too have noticed this happen a lot to my headphones as well, I don't understand why the quality is degrading day by the day. If the price increases so should the quality. I think wear and tear doesn't come under the warranty. You would have to get repaired from Apple since they own beats.