Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken n10

Mikael99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi , my wife broke her n10 Vodafone phone screen,  if I buy a new pay as you go n10 will her sim work in it  ?

Thanks , M.

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes as long as her sim card is the right size to fit in a phone which it should as your just buying another same model and that phone is either unlocked to all networks or locked to Vodafone Uk it'll work.

You should get the Vodafone set up messages on jnserting the sim card or text WEB to 40127 to set up Internet @Mikael99 

If she's on Pay Monthly then you should just need to update the Apn's from the Payg ones that will come as standard in the Payg phone.

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-your-phone-for-internet. 

And How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Oh , thanks so much , she has a vodaphone contract n10 but the shop is currently closed.

I thought about buying a new n10 online and putting her sim into it.  It will be one of those that comes with a £10 sim ( that we don't need)

I imagined it would be unlocked for any sim ?  I don't think I could just change the broken screen if I did purchase one ; probably  messier up : )

BandOfBrothers

The phone will be locked to Vodafone Uk.

Yes it'll accept her sim card.

See the edited content I've added to my first reply please in regards to making sure you use the Vodafone Pay Monthly Apn's.

Accidental damage isn't covered under the  Vodafone 24 month warranty so they'd charge for a repair. 

That or look to Home Contents Insurance.

You'd need to weigh up the cost of the phone initially to higher premiums on your insurance the following year or the cost to repair it.

You could buy a screen and try yourself using online tutorials and YouTube videos but doing that would void any remaining warranty and you could introduce further complications and then there's the cost of the parts.

You could give the accompanying sim to someone just to use the credit.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Thanks,  I will probably buy her a n10 from Vodafone online . They are so helpful in the shop but as you know we can't go in there presently. 

For seventy pounds I will just get one , I have kept your helpful information,  kind regards  , M.

BandOfBrothers

Awesome @Mikael99 

Top tip >

Glass or Tpu Screen Protector.

A Good case.

=  Less accidental damage  :Winking_smiley:

Yes with these unprecedented times situations have been made trickier but I'm sure we all understand.

Take care and 🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Yes , she needs a decent case , I will look up the glass protector thanks.

I trained in electrical systems and later electronics around 1980 but when I saw the replacement glass prices and the youtube glass changing channel I  thought I'm going to mess up the whole phone and waste my money : )

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate this.

Prevention is definitely better than cure.  :Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Oh yes ,she will need better case than her flip flop flimsy thing : )

Well , I can't get on the vodaphone site any more in order to buy , silly because I  can get on my' page' to see my data usage on this ( my tablet)

However , I can buy an n10 on Argos ; do you think this would be the same ? ( ie: it will accept her sim instead of using the one that comes with the new phone )

Sorry , another question...

BandOfBrothers

@Mikael99 

Yes as long as the option from argos states it's a Vodafone Payg phone.

Edit > just looked at the Argos website and yes her sim card will be accepted just fine.

Try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser to try again to buy from Vodafone.

Current Phone  >