Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot Get Through On Phone At Any Time

resh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

At any time of day, there are zero available people to talk too on the phone. I always get we are really busy. Vodafone customer service is awful. Literally nonexistent. I rather just cancel if these idiots cannot actually provide customer service.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Typically running into the weekend the lines will be busy.

Have you tried Live Chat.

Or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

We here as fellow customers might be able to help too if you want to eloberate .

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Live chat always gives me an error. How Vodafone scored so high for customer service I do not know. One hundred times the amount of Agents than British Airways, you can get through in thirty seconds compared to spending hours on hold with Vodafone. The head office is deluded in thinking their service is great.

BandOfBrothers

In regards to Live Chat.

This is best accessed via a computer / laptop / tablet.

Allow pop ups and clear the browsers cache and data and or use a different browser.

From personal experience any company can suffer from call ques and or waiting times for online support.

Especially near weekends.

I always try to contact a company within the first hour of them opening i.e. mornings.

That said I appreciate it can be frustrating when on hold awaiting an agent.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ReedPR
8: Helper
8: Helper

Hi @resh I am sorry to hear you have not managed to get through to customer service on telephone and you seem to be having issues with Live Chat.

Am I assuming correctly you are calling the 191 number? If you're a pay monthly customer, I highly recommend calling after 9pm if possible because pay as you go customers only access 191 between the hours of 8am-9pm. Times to avoid calling are 8-9am, the first hour the 191 number is available in the morning for pay as you go customers.

To be honest apart from when Vodafones online services are down for maintenance, I have never had a problem accessing the Live Chat team. I always go on to My Vodafone app first and selecting to speak to a Live Chat member from there. This will redirect you to your browser. Typically when I have got on the Live Chat service and I see the message that all agents are busy, instead of feeling the urge to refresh the page, I just do nothing at all and wait. The Live Chat page WILL auto refresh itself whenever a Live Chat member is available. Do not leave the Live Chat page or refresh it and I'm certain you will be able to get more luck.

I tend to use the Live Chat service at night as because I am pay as you go J do not get opportunity to use the 191 number. Just as long as Vodafone are not doing any maintenance, speaking to a Live Chat member between the hours of 10pm-12am to be a very quick, prompt service. Unless you are unfortunate enough to get harassed by the online bot which will take up an inane amount of time to decide what department you want when you say you want to top up and cannot as the site/phones are down for maintenance. The bot actually scares me and I actively avoid it at all costs!

Good luck @resh I wish you well in this endeavor of finding a customer service representative who is available at the same time you are!