main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Consolidation :)

SOLVED
View solved solution
Vampfy
16: Advanced member

Bit of a suggestion rather than a "chill" thread, but surely the forums should be separated into OS related boards? For example, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Maemo, Bada.. Would make finding threads that I can help in very very easy :Smiling: 

This is just for phone support, obviously things like Suresignal, Mobile Broadband and the Faults board would stay the same.. 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Vampfy,

This is actually how we'd initially set the boards out when we moved to the new platform, but we quickly learned that people preferred it the way it was.

We have had boards for iOS, BlackBerry OS, Symbian, Android and Windows Phone 7 right up until last week, but they saw no more than four or five posts each in the last six weeks, and so weren't worth keeping.

The structure of the board isn't permanently set in stone though, so please continue to make suggestions in the future :Smiling:

Tom

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Nabs
17: Community Champion

Vampfy,

We had this before but people wern't using them hence they have been removed, i suspect people didn't know what Os their phones were running.

Don't think we will see them back as it makes it easier for vodafone to monitor the forum if it's less split up.

View more options
RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Vampfy,

This is actually how we'd initially set the boards out when we moved to the new platform, but we quickly learned that people preferred it the way it was.

We have had boards for iOS, BlackBerry OS, Symbian, Android and Windows Phone 7 right up until last week, but they saw no more than four or five posts each in the last six weeks, and so weren't worth keeping.

The structure of the board isn't permanently set in stone though, so please continue to make suggestions in the future :Smiling:

Tom

View solution in original position

View more options
Vampfy
16: Advanced member
Ah, well that makes sense! I actually have quite a lot of suggestions, but most of them relate to things which Vodafone can't be seen to support (software modification, custom roms etc) or don't support completely (app development, discussion etc). I'm more than happy with how it is set at the moment to be honest, and I'm not entirely sure there would be a "customer base" here for the forums I had in mind :Smiley_with_tongue_out:
View more options