Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on credit file

Tmak88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been having an issue and was wanting to find out how to obtain some urgent asistance. I set up an account with Vodafone abou two years ago with two different phone lines.  My account was incorrectly set up as a  business account, which meant I had difficulties creating an online account and I have never been able to access/receive my bills. This issue did not initially cause any issue as payments for both lines were conducted via direct debit, but a few months ago my bank account was frozen and I reverted to making "faster-payments" on a monthly basis. I have noticed that Vodafone has recorded 6 instances of late payments at the Credit Bureaus against my name. The late payments themselves occured due to the inability to create a vodafone online account, where the bills are sent, thus I dont understood how Vodafone would expect me to pay on time if I never receive a bill and dont know how much I owe or when to pay. As I am working in the financial industry, I am extremely anxious about these credit markers as they will significantly impact on my ability to find a new position, and could be interpreted as financial mismanagement. I usually have great difficulty contacting Vodafone customer services, and just today was "cut-off" by numerous advisors whilst trying to discuss my issue. Can someone provide some assistance in rectifying these as It is highly unfair and has significant repercussions on my professional life?

Many Thanks

Thierry

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tmak88

As far as a Vodafone Business Account is concerned the issue is that the Vodafone MyVodafone App will not work with it. 

Being able to set up an account and be sent produced bills shouldn’t have been an issue. 

If this had been my situation then after the initial problem with my own Bank Account that stopped direct debits I would have first tried to set up an alternative account to pay from either in my own name or if that was not viable at the time then changed the bank account to a family members bank account so direct debits could have continued and paid them. 

Alternatively knowing roughly when my bill is due and my tariff amount I would have paid a few days earlier and or phoned Customer Service to pay or enquiry to the amount. 

If you paid late then Vodafone have a Duty of Care to report as such on a persons credit file and as such if it’s warranted they wouldn’t remove it. 

That said we have Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can so please give them a little time to reach your thread. 

Due to the mitigating circumstances attached to the Account Type mix up they maybe able to investigate further. 

I appreciate how damaging such markers can have so I wish you an amicable resolution. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tmak88 So we can take a closer look into this for you, and to help move you from a Business account, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our dedicated team.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.