Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free Tablet

Samanthaholly94
1: Seeker
I received a phone call today from a private number claiming to be vodafone. They knew my name and what phone I had but no other details were given.

They offered me a free tablet as a gift for my loyalty (I've only been with them a few months) I wouldn't have to pay for the tablet or postage, just £3 a week for 2gb of data.

Thought it was a bit dodgy so i hung up.... anyone know if this was actually vodafone calling?
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Was it any of the numbers in this link -> Is-it-Vodafone-calling.

As a rule of thumb I'd suggest not to agree to anything from a cold call until you've had a chance to look through it and other desks. 

Even if it's Vodafone calling. 

Ask if it's a timed offer and for it to be added to your account notes so you can take it up if you want to. 

And to be honest with you nothing is ever free !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi. I have seen posts on here where people have been offered a "free" tablet but then they have been charged£14 per month for the line rental etc. At least you were advised of a cost involved.

As @BandOfBrothers says I wouldn't accept anything offered by a cold call without checking it out and thinking about it first.

Samanthaholly94
Yeah I figured it was a bit too good to be true so I hung up... the number was a blocked private number so can'take check it. Thought this was a bit strange because whenever I've had vodafone phone before their number has come up

Vodafone Sales wouldn't block their number.

I'm wondering if it was perhaps a partner of Vodafone. 

That said you followed your gut feeling. Well done. :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

fjrjs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just got the exact same call but it wasn't from a withheld number, offering me the exact same deal. The number was 01709 918 609 which incidentally is on the list of vodafone numbers, just checked it. But to be absolutely sure, I am planning on calling Vodafone to confirm if the offer is legitimate. 

The deal is for £12 a month for 24 months with 2GB international roaming data.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Yes, that is the offer which was also confirmed by Vodafone. 

Thanks

Lufcrhino

It's a con it will cost £250 over 24 months, you can buy the tablet for £109 and you can use your own mobile data if you have a decent package.