Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GDPR Right to be erased

madad8691
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I’m leaving Vodafone and I want to exercise my right to be forgotten under GDPR. Does anybody know if they will delete all my info or will they keep it?

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You can ask for your information to be erased as it relates to marketing messages. You can't ask them to delete your account information as all companies have a legal requirement to keep accounting and taxation records for at least six years.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks Jeffkinn but do you know what exactly they need to keep for 6 years and does that include name, address, dob, financial information? My understanding of GDPR is that once somebody requests the right to be erased they do not have a right to keep info which they do not need for any particular reason, and I don’t see why they need that after the contract is finished. 

redpages

As Jeff says, when it comes to GDPR your marketing preferences and account information wouldn't be the same thing. 

For a full explanation it's worth looking at Vodafone's online privacy portal, here. Their retention of information guidelines (including what they're required to keep by law) can be found here

If you have any other questions you can also get in touch with their GDPR / privacy team, here

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community