Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Off topic

Google Chrome - on Android..

MTL
13: Advanced Member

unfortunately only available on phones running v4, or Ice Cream Sandwich.....

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2012/02/introducing-chrome-for-android.html

View more options
9 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Really want to upgrade now! that would be sooooo useful!

View more options
MTL

i know!

although i remain hopeful that the wizards over at XDA Dev will work their magic and

port it to Gingerbread....

View more options

How odd, you would think Chromium Browser by it's very nature would be compatible with all Android flavours?

In saying that, it's never crossed my mind to question why we are not using a mobile Chromium?

I am a real fan of Google's integration and would absolutely welcome Chrome onto my SGS!

View more options
16: Advanced member

Yet More fragmentation for Android

Now its brousers

Is it me or is Android Loosing its way here

View more options
MTL

i don't see this as fragmentation - they've basically ported Chrome to Android (like Mozilla did with

Firefox, and ditto with Opera) and made it available, but only to ICS handsets. There may be technical reasons

for that.

View more options

MTL wrote:

There may be technical reasons for that.

As far as i have seen there has been no major change in 4.0.x that would indicate any technical reasons, other than hardware performance.

It's more likely Google want people to upgrade.

View more options
MTL

there's been something done - I'm a big fan of Swype on android, and their only now getting

around to releasing a beta that will work with ICS.

anyway, if the chrome beta gets ported to Gingerbread, i'll be grabbing it immediately!

View more options
9: Established
ive uninstalled it on my GN..made my internet real slow....Facebook app was painfully slow, so i uninstalled and its quicker since! Go figure! lol
View more options
6: Helper

Also got rid of it, didn't like all the stuff it was running in the background to sync.

View more options