cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with samsung s8 notifications please!

Sammscott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

ALL the badges for ANY messaging platform (e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, email, gmail, etc.) do not show the number of messages pending. If I view the app icon it shows NO messages pending  but when I go INSIDE the app it shows there are new messages.

This happens for ALL apps that have some type of messaging as I mentioned at the beginning of this email. And obviously I cannot be going into each app to see if I have messages. The purpose of the badges was to make us aware if we have any new messages/notifications. I get a notification vibration but that's it! Help.....seem to be having so many problems with this phone.....its only 5 months old!!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

On the Samsung Galaxy s8 their are two visual types of notification ready to read. 

The first option is a simple red dot. 

The send is a red dot with number of notifications. 

If this isn't the case then can you first look into your notification settings and look at your current preferences. 

Settings_ Notifications. 

Ensure yours are toggled On. 

Also look in your apps via settings_apps_choose the app your having issues with and look at the permissions section. 

If needed in that section tap on storage and clear data and cache. 

Close the app down in your multi tasking and then re launch and see if you get the notification dot. 

If no joy and a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On does not help then you could try clearing the phones files cache. This does not delete any of your saved data. 

The process is something similar to....

Try clearing the Apps Cache and Data first by navigating to Settings > Apps > Choose the App and Storage. If no resolution then considerTurning off the Samsung Phone. 

Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

When the phone powers up the Android System Recovery screen appears approx 30 seconds later.Release all of the keys you had pressed. Press the Volume down key on the phone to choose the  "wipe cache partition." section. Press the Power key on the phone to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.

If that does not help then as a last resort back up and factory reset. 

Finally a Samsung Experience Store should be able to help if you have one local to you and or Samsung Customer services. 

A Vodafone Highstreet Store might be able to help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.