Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hot Drinks Promo

Reflex1
1: Seeker

I have just got a long winded text promising me a free (its not really we are paying for it by paying Vodafone) hot drink to cheer me up over the winter...only problem is i would have to leave my home in Northern Ireland to avail of it.....serioulsy Vodafone...wise up.  O2 do theres weekly through Cafe Nero, a UK wide chain...you lot pick niche outlets none of which are in N Ireland...no wait, there is ONE inside Belfast City Airort so i suppose i could park there at 4.80 per hour and enjoy a free cuppa.  !!! 

6 REPLIES 6

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

Is it really that much of a big deal that you don't get a free cup of tea or coffee? :Cry_Laughing: I dont think it was necessary to post on the forum because they don't have participating cafes in your area. I dont have use of alot of the perks on myvodafone app but doesn't mean its worth complaining about. Its there as a goodwill offer, if they dont have one in your area its too bad, its not part of the contract so you can't be angry about it. :Hmm_Face:

beightonguru

Think the point has been missed....Vodafone sent the text and made the offer....there procamation at the start of the text reads ' To thank you for being a Vodafone customer, we are giving you a free hot drink to warm you up this winter.........'

Quite plainly this proclamation is in fact wrong and i was rather hoping that by putting it on their forum page they, ie Vodafone, might get wind of it.  it is not the value of the cup of coffee at all, it is the fact that companies like Vodafone can feel they can make such promises boldly and then only temper them by exclusions or conditions appended in reams of jargon in terms and conditions

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

What coffee chain is it? I haven't seen that offer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

There are several, Cafe Ritazza, Pumpkin, Camden Food Co., The Pasty Shop, Decile de France and Upper Crust.

Only a year has passed and it seems to me that it was all like a dream. Several cafes closed on my street where you could just take takeaway coffee on the way to the office. And so all over Canada (I live here). I see some revival just now, closer to Christmas. Foodservice outlets come up with great tips to attract customers. People are tired of staying at home and come to restaurants even when they need to comply with social norms. How long do you think it will be like this?

@beightonguru wrote:

Is it really that much of a big deal that you don't get a free cup of tea or coffee? :Cry_Laughing: I dont think it was necessary to post on the forum because they don't have participating cafes in your area. I dont have use of alot of the perks on myvodafone app but doesn't mean its worth complaining about. Its there as a goodwill offer, if they dont have one in your area its too bad, its not part of the contract so you can't be angry about it. :Hmm_Face:

I haven't seen that offer.