Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Inundated with voicemail text spam

MrsKPNut
2: Seeker

Hi folks I'm getting between 1 and 5 of these texts which contain links. They look like a voicemail text at a glance but you know pretty quickly they are spam as they come from mobile numbers. Since I started reporting them to 7726 though I'm getting more. All from different numbers. Any other ideas to stop them. Blocking makes no difference as there are multiple numbers. 

14 REPLIES 14

I also have the same question, this thread helped me. Thank you

nadiakhan230

Hello, So not worth changing my number. then? 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @nadiakhan230 - While this may fix the issue with spam texts and calls, we can't assure this. I'd advise trying the previous advice given in the thread and dropping us a message on social media. Make sure to include your mobile/account number, your forum username and a link back to this thread to save you repeating yourself.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can certainly look into changing your number @asadkhan890. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please pop us a private message through our social channels and we'll be happy to help.

markwood

Truly pleasant conundrum, I loved and whenever I first got a trick instant message saying I had an unopened voice message to pay attention to, I was frightened for two reasons: right off the bat since I could do without voice messages (simply message me); besides — after I understood it was dodgy — how could the trick message come through from an apparently typical number?enjoyed it.