main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Phone delivery

Ulladulla
2: Seeker

I bought a Galaxy z Fold3 on Saturday 27th Nov '21. This was bought on line . I have had everything confirmed by email, however there seems to be a delivery delay. I have been trying to talk to an advisor to see what and how long the delay is, but can only get an automated voice.. does any know how long the delay could be and if I cancel the order on line, are these phones available in the vodafone shop?

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
syedali

In a similar position and bought a Pixel 6 with a plan on Friday 26th that was in stock around the same time. Have been kept in the dark with order status stuck on confirmed - was only told there is a delay when I waited nearly an hour to get hold of somebody on the phone. Was also told I can't cancel until I receive the handset and SIM.

On Tuesday a live chat rep told me that I will receive my phone within 24-48 hours... not even a dispatch email after 48 hours.

Apparently I'm eligible for compensation but they won't tell me how much as 'it depends on when I receive the order' - clearly contradicting themselves here.

Today, I was given yet another 'guarantee' that I'll receive it in 1-2 working days which I find hard to believe.

I wish they'd just be honest as say they have no clue when I'm going to receive it. 

View more options
brtzknf

Having the same issue with a Pixel 6 + plan i ordered on the 26th.

Managed to chat with a customer service representative but he couldn't help me either...

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi all, we're doing everything we can to get your orders to you asap. DPD will contact you by email or text once your order is on its way. You can also check updates at http://vodafone.co.uk/track-my-order and we apologise for our delays, the Black Friday rush has been causing a bit of a back log!

View more options
syedali

It’s not like Black Friday was a surprise event…

Managed to cancel the whole order through complaints line...

View more options
aimeejax
3: Seeker

any update on any of your orders? i am in the same position, ordered on 25/11 have been speaking to agents on webchat daily and had every excuse under the sun, spoke to a 'senior manager' on friday just gone who made a 100% guarantee that my order will be with me by the end of the day tomorrow but will believe it when i see it

View more options
NatFair

The problem is there is no information. Appreciate a delay but I ordered on 24th Nov and still no closer to knowing when my phone will be delivered. Vodafone get your act together and stop blaming DPD. Stop lying to people about delivery dates, twice now I have been told dates that were never going to happen. My daughter currently has no phone as we upgraded as hers was broken. She is a university student and is having to carry around an IPAD just so she can be contacted.

View more options
brtzknf

Mine got sorted on the evening of the 2nd and i received it on the 3rd. So there is hope

View more options
aimeejax

do you mind me asking what time yours was dispatched please, just so i can know what to expect, not expecting much as to receive the phone at this point would be a miracle

View more options
brtzknf

Ordered on the 25th, dispatched on the 2nd arrived on the 3rd

View more options
Ulladulla

Ordered on the 27th November, only been confirmed - not dispatched. Cannot cancel till I have received it, but have to start paying for it as soon as its been dispatched!!!. Fed up now.

View more options
Mr_Otori

Hi. I’ve been waiting for my iPhone 12 mini since 23rd November. That was before Black Friday. I’m going away at Christmas so DPD won’t be able to deliver it if it is not sent soon.

View more options
sydney68

I have orderd 2 upgrades 1 Samsung galaxy zfold said it was out of stock but should receive it by the 17th December and 1 Samsung galaxy so fe pad Ibstock orderd both on the 3rd December.the pad delivery date esimated 6th December not received phoned up they spoke to the warehouse they said it was down as ASAP still nothing. I spend alot with Vodafone but if none of my upgrades have not come by 17 December I will go somewhere else with my business.

View more options
akeister
9: Established

Get her a cheap phone for the meantime, ok, won’t get a smart phone, but will let her make phone calls

View more options
gideon
4: Newbie

Could be worse. I ordered a fold3 on the 28th Dec. They had it, they sent it. and DPD have essentially spent the last week trying their very hardest not to deliver it. From "sorry we missed you" with a photo of a house a street over, to a "we'll send the driver back to reattempt with this clarifying instructions (which did not happen) to "we'll deliver it on Sunday" to "there was a problem, we'll deliver it on Tuesday" to "We missed you" (complete with photo with drivers thumb over camera, and on the tracking, the driver milling around on the same street as Friday, with no attempt to follow the delivery instructions from Friday) to "we'll send the driver back to reattempt" (resulting in the driver going back to the depot at about 2pm) to "we'll deliver it on Wednesday" (at which point to avoid them failing to deliver it again, we redirected it to a parcel shop nearby which is on their network so should be no address failure) to "we checked, it'll be out today" when I phoned in the morning to "there's a note on the system that it's on hold until Thursday."

All this for an upgrade. At this point if it isn't out tomorrow I'm just planning to go over to the O2 shop, get the fold 3 on a similar cost/feature tariff, and then just cancel the upgrade and my whole mobile account and let my solicitors sort the mess out. (The sticking point is they won't send out a replacement device by any other method until the first one has returned, and I have no faith that DPD will do so in a timely fashion.) So pfft, a 10 year customer gets chased off by their poor choice of courier.
I keep wondering why they still use DPD, if this omnishambles is in any way common.

View more options