main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Post a screenshot of your phone!

NeoBlade
13: Advanced Member

Not totally sure where to put this thread but thought this would be the best place since we're encouraged to be a little more social :Smiley_with_tongue_out: The concept is simple, add a screenshot of your mobile phone! Its a great way of seeing how we have our phones laid out & possibly inspiring others to customise their phone to make it truly their own. 

NOTE: Of course, don't upload anything that you regard as sensitive data (contact names, faces, numbers etc). Simply blank them out or just don't upload it!

Here's my setup... Note I did have my lockscreen modified too however reverted back to stock after noticing battery drain... I might upload pictures anyway of it next time as I thought it looked pretty cool. I've blanked out images I've used as widgets and my People widget but you can see the general look of it. I might customise it further with custom icons and a new layout but currently I like it like this.

Image is attached to the bottom of this post.

Homescreen 1: Multimedia.2x static images at the top with a larger rotating one below. Did have Winamp widget etc.

Homescreen 2: My Tools/Navigation screen

Homescreen 3: My main one, wanted to keep it nice and clean with enough required info as possible

Homescreen 4: Mainly my entertainment screen, News and Games are folders

Homescreen 5: Starred Contacts

Screens 1 and 5 I can use for anything I want but just filled the gaps as is currently.

Shall look forward to see how you guys use your real screen estate. If you want to know the widgets used etc then feel free to ask ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S3

If I have helped you in any way then please click on the star on the left ^_^ Thank you!
View more options

Attachments

6 REPLIES 6
redpages
17: Community Champion

Good idea, I'll look to get around to mine.

What's that Games shortcut? looks like a Super Nintendo pad / emulator? - still waiting for a SNES emulator for iPhone

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View more options
NeoBlade
Its a shortcut that brings up a folder of all the games I've installed on the phone for ease of access. The SNES emulator on Android isn't that bad actually. The icon can be customised but I like the SNES pad ^_^

I've seen some amazing layouts previously so might customise mine even more, but so far I think it looks clean and neat enough. Screens 1 & 5 might change though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have helped you in any way then please click on the star on the left ^_^ Thank you!
View more options
Sticky_Mick
6: Helper

A few shots of my busy desktops. Haven't attempted to create more desktops as yet, even though I'm running the enhanced kernel that allows up to nine

Screenshot-20101215-151031.jpg

Screenshot-20101215-151039.jpg.

Screenshot-20101215-151103.jpg

Screenshot-20101215-151312.jpg

A lot of the customizations of Maemo5 are not readily available, but if you know where to go and what to put where you can replace just about anything that has an icon or images associated with it. For example, the moon phase widget in the third shot had a cartoony style to it which I wasn't too keen on, so I downloaded a .png image and converted it to a transparency and replaced the cartoony one with that.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.
View more options
NeoBlade

Nice! that is quite a busy desktop but it works. Shame I can't edit my first post as I would have added a thumbnail instead so shall add it here for those who are more visual...

View more options
Sticky_Mick

Decided to go for a complete overhaul. Something a bit lighter:

Screenshot-20101230-141108.png

Screenshot-20101230-141116.png

Screenshot-20101230-141127.png

Screenshot-20101230-141150.png

The surround effect of the icons/shortcuts was achieved by installing the "Homescreen Dock Widget" and having multiple instances of the widget on the desktops and positioned accordingly. Each bar of icons/shortcuts is a seperate widget in itself.

Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
View more options
Sticky_Mick

I keep mucking about with this thing, but just can't find a happy medium. :smileyvery-happy: LOL

Screenshot-20110102-211404.jpg

Screenshot-20110102-211508.jpg

Screenshot-20110102-211520.jpg

Screenshot-20110102-211628.jpg

View more options