Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage without imei number

Channing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

So back in 2018 I took out a phone with Vodafone through Carphone Warehouse, in 2019 and onwards I have been upgrading directly through Vodafone, very recently I have noticed that Carphone Warehouse are still charging me for insurance for a phone that's no longer in use. I contacted them, they have told me I Need proof of usage in order to get the refund, and I need to get this from Vodafone. So I filled out the form, and I get a response asking for the Imei number. 

I no longer have access to this phone as it was from two Upgrades ago. I send this in the reply and it goes around in circles just asking for the Imei number. I asked on webchat and they just send me the same form I originally filled in. I call over the phone and they just fill in the same form again. So I keep getting emails asking for the Imei. Is there any way to get proof of usage without the IMEI? Surely this information should be on my account? 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Channing 

Vodafone would have the current imei showing of the phone your using on their network. 

If Vodafone had the previous phone's imei number then I assume they would have supplied thus when you contacted them.

It wouldn't harm to ask again via the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

As CPW supplied the phone I would assume they should have this imei on file.

It's a shame you've only just noticed.

Could you ask the new owner of this phone for it's imei number  ?

I'm not sure why they'd need the Proof of usage to be honest as the insurance would be levied against the handset I assume. 

Personally I'd check the small print and Terms and Conditions of CPW's insurance policy to see if you can circumvent this.

If you feel money has been taken incorrectly then CPW will have a department that looks after their insurance policy.

If needed raise a complaint ticket with CPW as this is a contract between you and CPW. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.