main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Registering for VIP

17: Community Champion
Hi there team

I am having problems registering for Vodafone VIP. Is it correct that a text message is sent to the phone confirming registration ?

Can you please explain the process registering for Vodafone VIP so I can receive text message and email alerts.

How can tickets be purchased as a Vodafone VIP ?

Many thanks.
View more options
22 REPLIES 22
Moderator (Retired)
Hi AnnS,

You just need to log into VIP with the same details you have set up for My Account, so if you're already viewing your account online, then there's no need to register again.

If you don't have that online registration yet, then just go to the VIP page, click the large register button and then register follow the steps on the screen to set it up. There will be an SMS with a security code sent to you which you'll need to enter to link the number to the online registration.

Either way, once you're set up, your number is linked to your username, so we automatically send any notifications to you by SMS when you win. You then confirm a few extra details and get an email confirming the details of the prize.

When tickets or competitions are not yet available, you'll see a greyed out button saying "Coming Soon" on the event page. As soon as they become available, you'll be able to go to that same event page and follow the links and instructions there to arrange your tickets!

It's a great way for you to get more from your account with Vodafone, and is our way of saying "Thank you"!

DaveN

eForum team

View more options
Thank you Dave for clarifying this for me.

Much appreciated (as always).
View more options
Not applicable

Thank you Dave for clarifying this for me.

Much appreciated (as always).

i can't register either

the page just crashes every time

i just want some tickets to McLaren please

why can't i just speak to someone?
View more options
I have also tried to buy some tickets to McLaren but have been unable to.

If this is supposed to be Vodafone's way of saying thank you, I have not received any Vodafone VIP e newsletter or text alert.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

i can't register either

the page just crashes every time

i just want some tickets to McLaren please

why can't i just speak to someone?

Hi top brake,

What errors are you getting when trying to load the website, and which part of the website exactly is breaking for you? Have you tried using a different web browser?

You're not missing anything yet, because the prize draw for the McLaren Technology Centre is not yet available, so nobody has entered yet. According to the "coming soon" calendar on the same website, this draw will open tomorrow.

I trust this helps :)

Jon

eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
I have a similar problem. When I try to login from the VIP page, I get taken to a page with just the Vodafone header and footer on it and no content. When I go to my account, it says that I haven't fully registered and that I need to have my phone number and phone with me to finish but when I click on the button that lets me finish registration, i get taken to a page that says there's an error at your end. I've also tried opening a new account on the website but it says that my mobile number is already linked to another account.

I've tried firefox, safari and IE7 now without any luck. maybe deleting my account and allowing me to sign up again would help?

i'm hoping to apply for big chill tickets and the draws close tomorrow so any help soon would be much appreciated.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi akanekal

Great to speak to you on the phone earlier, I'm really glad that your problem has been resolved.

If you need any more help please let me know

Good luck!

BenJ
eForum Team

View more options

I have also tried to buy some tickets to McLaren but have been unable to.

If this is supposed to be Vodafone's way of saying thank you, I have not received any Vodafone VIP e newsletter or text alert.

Hi there Ben,

I know you did not mean to miss me, but how often are VIP e newsletters sent out ?

Just wondering as I have not had a newsletter.

Would love to win to tickets to McLaren, Brooklands is so close to us here.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi AnnS,

Sorry about skipping that one - just a case of timing and the post falling before Jon's response.

Which eNewsletter are you referring to? If you sign up for the alerts, then these will only come on the start-up for something you've expressed interest in.

The link for the buttons is not actually live yet - the competition opens tomorrow, as Jon says, so good luck with that one!

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options
1: Seeker
Hi,

I am having the same problem as akanekal. Restricted account access, asks me to complete registartion, add phone number then tells me customer already registered but no additional access.

Please help this is very frustrating.

K8moon
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hello k8moon

Thanks for your post today. It looks like we’ll need to access your account to investigate further, so we’ve just sent you an email. Please check your inbox for the email. If it hasn’t arrived, don’t worry as it’s possibly been diverted to your spam filter.

If you can fill in all the details and send the email back, we’ll be in touch to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Trev
eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having the same problem as akanekal. Restricted account access, asks me to complete registartion, add phone number then tells me customer already registered but no additional access.

K8moon

I to am having the same problem as K8moon, please help.

Alyson
View more options
Not applicable
Hi,

I am having the same problem as K8moon and akanekal. Restricted account access, asks me to complete registartion, add phone number then tells me customer already registered but no additional access.

slogs
View more options
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having the same problem as K8moon and akanekal. Restricted account access, asks me to complete registartion, add phone number then tells me customer already registered but no additional access.

slogs

I know how you feel, i`ve been trying for day`s, still no joy
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi migirlsuk and slogs

Welcome to the eFourm! It's nice to have you both with us.
I've sent you both an email, if you can reply back, I'll be able to assist you further :)

Sukhi
eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
Hi,

Please help.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please help.

Hi fraiser456,

An email is on its way to you now :)

Jon

eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
This is becoming ever more ridiculous and annoying by the day!

No matter what link I click to sign up, register etc, it just takes me back to the VIP homepage.

Then, just to rub salt into the wound, I rang Vodafone Customer Services (never a good idea since nobody you speak to ever seems to have a clue about anything and fobs you off with utter nonsense) and was told it was because I was using the wrong browser. Well, pardon me for using Internet Explorer like most of the rest of the planet...

I give up.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Sjbrighton,

Have you tried a different web browser?

Also do you already have a My Account login?

If you can let us know then we can follow this up for you.

James
eForum Team

View more options