main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Should we talk about Vodafones' sponsership of the Australian Cricket team?

Ollsbols
4: Newbie

It is rather shamful that they dumped us in favour of the Aussies.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
wfcrule
2: Seeker
Dont forget its an international network though not just uk maybe they were less popular over there.
View more options
Sticky_Mick
6: Helper

@wfcrule wrote:
Dont forget its an international network though not just uk maybe they were less popular over there.

True.

Vodafone sponsor Mclaren Mercedes, a British racing team and they also sponsor Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes of Australian V8 Supercars.

Besides, we're beating the Aussies.:smileytongue:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.
View more options
RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Hey Ollsbols,

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I expect it'll be something to do with them previously being sponsored by Three. We've since merged with Three (only in Australia) so maybe there was still a period of the agreement to complete.

Still, as Mick says, at least we're winning, and here's to another four days of Aussie rain!

Tom
View more options
Sticky_Mick
6: Helper

@Tom wrote:
Still, as Mick says, at least we're winning, and here's to another four days of Aussie rain!

Tom

Took us 24 years to do it though. And in that time the women's team won quite a few times. So all we have to do now is get the Women's England Football Team to teach us how to play that game and we've cracked it.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.
View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable
When we won the ashes Vodafone were sponsoring the England team, I remember the Voda logo all over Lords and the players shirts. The sponsorship was due to run out though. It's like the Derby, the sponsorship only runs for a limited time/agreement.
View more options