Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superhero TV shows

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey all,

Since I only really watch superhero TV shows, I thought I’d start a topic that encompasses all of them.

I literally can’t get enough of them, so below I’ll list my top three, in the order of my favourites.

1. The Flash – I found the show seriously good. Very good story, funny and exciting. I really can’t wait for season 2. Easily my most favourite show.
  2. Daredevil – I was really surprised by how good this was. Especially as it was the first of the Netflix/Marvel alliance. The fight scenes were so well choreographed. It was dark and gritty, but extremely character driven.
  3. Agents of Shield – Even though this is still one of my favourite TV shows, I will admit to still being a little behind on the latest series (one thing after another has meant I’ve been a bit busy). However, I’ve seen up to just after half way and it’s a really good show. I’m interested to see where they take it, now they’ve introduced superpowers.

Arrow – Probably would have been top of my list 12 months ago, but I really feel like it lost its way this season. Fingers crossed for improvements with season 4.

Gotham – The Joker episode was a real highlight, but I’m still not sure where this show will be going long term. Is it a show about young Bruce? Or is it about Detective Gordon? I don’t think they even know.

Constantine – I enjoyed John Constantine’s character, I thought the actor played him well, but I’ve still not caught up with the whole season and it’s now been cancelled, so I suppose that says it all.

Let me know what your favourites were and what you’re looking forward to next season.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agents of Shield is my personal favourite followed closely by the Flash.

The early episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D are a bit of a chore but get through them and you get to a constantly engrossing and surprising show. The last four or five episodes of the most recent season each felt like mini films.

The choreography in the fight scenes is close to the epicness of DareDevil and they had a one shot fight scene that blew me away (have a look).

Agent Carter was a mini series that aired in the Shield mid season break and that was very good too. A bit slow but a nice change of pace and it'll be back for another season.

DareDevil and Flash were both amazing shows. I think all the acting was top notch but the two main hero's and two main villains were both incredible and perfect for their roles. 

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I absolutely loved The Flash and cannot wait for next season to come on... wasn't that ending brilliant?

Agents of Shield was good to start with but I kinda fell out with it and haven't watched it much.

It would be interesting to see what @Ben_H has to say on this topic

PWIAC

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ben_H is a Marvel fanboy @drey_p.

I doubt he’d offer as unbiased DC vs Marvel opinions as me :Winking_smiley:

And yes, I agree, The Flash ending was amazing. I literally jumped up and cried out a disappointed sigh (only that I'd got to wait until October to find out what happened though).

drey_p

@Retired-Wayne - I think you may have a point... it would be interesting to have his input.... you never know @Ben_H may have been watching it in secret and actually quite enjoyed it!! hee hee

PWIAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was disapointed in how melodramatic Arrow got. It was so good for a while but then became like watching Eastenders with capes.

I love Diggle and Smoke but the rest of the ensemble I could take or leave. DC did their standard DC thing of making the female love interest super anoying - Laurel Lance is this generations Lana Lang from Smallville.

Also, when did Wolverine turn up on the show?!? - I thought he was Marvel

Wolverine.png

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

100% Marvel fanboy, so Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil are up there!

AoS took a LONG time to get good, but bringing in Mockingbird and a few other lower tier characters certainly piqued my interest.

Daredevil showcased the much needed grittier side of the MCU, and the second season premise of DD vs Punisher has me baying for more! Can't wait to see what they with Jessica Jones too.

I tend to watch my programmes on Netflix, Amazon Prime or catchup TV as never able to commit to a weekly schedule. If I manage to grab Arrow or Flash on either of those, I'd give them a whirl. 

:Laughing_Face:

redpages
17: Community Champion

Loved Arrow, especially season two with the portrayal of DeathStroke.

I missed out on The Flash but have just downloaded the first series from the Apple store for an upcoming binge-watch.

I felt they were trying to force too many main villians into Gotham early on but ended up enjoying the series in the end.

Another one I'd recommend would be Blade - The Series from several years ago. It never made it past the first season but had some good episodes - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/ 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good call @redpages. That was one series I never got round to watching. Would be hard not to compare it to Wesley Snipes as he really made that role his own.

I'm also keen to see updates on the rumoured X-Men TV Series.

Given the number of D-listers they could use for this, it'd be good to have them look at some of the other teams like X-Foce, X-Factor or even the younger teams. :Smiling:

thesoupdragon

I enjoy Marvel and DC equally tbh.

Loving Agents of Shield, I really like how they integrate the story lines of the films.

It took me a while to get into Flash, now I'm hooked!

Not seen the Arrow yet but plan to have a marathon watch fest.

Same for DD and Gotham.

My daughter wanted to watch them with me but had exams, so we've got them saved to watch later.

I was watching a DC podcast the other night - Popcorn (beware of spoilers). They said the American studio's are thinking about cutting Season length from 20 episodes down to 15, so they can spen more on special effects and cgi etc... Giving a more cinematic polish to the shows.