Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible customer service

Chinz22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Honestly I don't know how this company is still running, I have cancelled my contract within the 14 day period 2 months ago and I still haven't received my upfront cost refund of £79. They do not know what they are doing and to speak to a manager you will have to wait 45minutes yet they do not resolve the issue. You can have a look at the phone recordings over the 2 month period and see for your self how I have been played around. Telling me to go in store to confirm that payment has gone through, tellin me that it will be refunded next 5 working days, telling me they can't see anything on their system. 

I am also a customer service handler and have been for the past 3 years and I can tell you for free that this is the worst service I have ever experienced. 2 months and counting still waiting for my refund.. 

Can I suggest that this company start to employ people from the uk that actually have knowledge of the company and not hire people from the Philippines just to pay them that cheap wage cause honestly you are loosing more money that route.  

I would really appreciate if someone that has knowledge and finally can get this refund approved. 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum anymore @Chinz22  so if you'd like the team here to look into this you must engage with them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Also not all calls are recorded and those that are recorded are typically retained for 60 days.

A person can raise a complaint via Here  and then Vodafone have 8 weeks to come to an amicable resolution or provide a Deadlock Letter and then you can involve the Communications Ombudsman to arbitrate on your behalf.

First however If Vodafone have confirmed everything has been cancelled then depending on how you paid the upfront cost you could consider looking into asking the card issuer to get involved or your Banks Customer Services to obtain the refund on your behalf.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Surley if it was vodafone who took the paymet then it should be their responsibility to refund the money and not advice them to take it up with their bank...? Surprised to see such lazy actions coming from a big company & A company that handles with majority of their customers over the phone, you would expect all the calls to be recorded for customers safety. I can guarantee they will have no problem to bring up call recordings when it comes to protecting them self's. 

Its rather unfortunate that this is a very common issue among the client base.

Hands down, the worst customer service team I have had to deal with in the UK.

My story is a little different form yours:

I initially tried to sign up for the pay monthly plan online in October 2019. Signup was relatively straight forward. Then after waiting for over a month for the sim card to arrive, I kept calling customer service to find the issue and in the process came to the conclusion that they were just plain terrible and incompetent. I proceeded to then cancel my order as nothing seemed to be coming. The cancellation process itself was a very long hassle but i managed to do this online via the chat msg after a long exhausting process to get to an agent. I initially tried calling but gave up after being turned in circles for over an Hour!!

I then proceeded to cancel all direct debit with them. The next month i receive a bill from them saying i owed about £60. ##~##? where did that come from? I again, then went through the charade of reaching customer service and the guy i spoke to said my cancellation wasn't done properly but that he'll do it well this time. I say okay no worries. But the following month, i receive another ##~## bill from them. this time even higher. I go through, the same process of reaching customer service and again i'm told the same thing. The last guy didn't do it properly. ##~##?! How ##~## incompetent can you be?! This charade of me reaching out for cancellation continues till January 2020.(I saved every chat transcript and have these as evidence)

This is like the 4th time i'm contacting you guys to STOP sending me bills for somehting i don't use. Each time you say you've cancelled it and then i receive another bill the next month. Seriously, what the ##~## is wrong with these guys? Then to add insult to injury, I am being reported to my credit reference agencies for not paying my debt? And today, the debt collection team reached out.

I thought to myself, surely, this musn't be happening to me alone and fair enough, there are dozens of cases out there in similar situations:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/VF-Still-Reporting-My-Closed-Account-To-Credit-Agency/td...

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Incorrect-Credit-Report/td-p/2621353

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Incorrect-Default-on-credit-file/td-p/2626372

I am incredibly frustrated that such practices, which have significant impact on people's live happens and they get away with it on the regular. I feel powerless and not sure if there is anything I could really do at this point. I have contacted vodafone multiple times, via phone, email and chat to rectify this but all my efforts have been fruitless.

At this point i think my only option would be to file an official complaint with Ofcom..

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can get to the bottom of this @inimaga and ensure your account is fully cancelled for you. We'll also be able to see what may be causing these bills to be sent to you. Please send our team a message on Twitter and Facebook, where we'll securely access the account you had with us and get this resolved. Please include your Community username and a link to your post - this will save you some time as you then won't need to repeat your query. 

Hello @Natasha,

Thanks for your response.

After posting my experience on the forum, I went ahead and filed a formal complaint with the respective department at Vodafone (As per instructions here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing). A gentleman from the Customer Relations team by the name of Avesh reached out over the weekend about it.

Earlier today, I received a call and confirmation email from him that the issue has now been fully resolved (Bill cleared and credit report rectified).

So I'm glad it is all over now. Hopefully, I don't get a mystery bill next month regarding this same thing.

Thanks

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @inimaga - I'm glad you managed to get everything resolved! 

update - i still haven't recieved my refund this time i have contacted them via chat as ' not all calls are not recorded ' i have screenshotted the chats where they keep telling me vodafone will contact you or the refund has been processed but nothing being refunded after a week of being told. Honestly so embarrassing 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Chinz22 If you haven't already, please message our team on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to check on your refund for you.