Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer of account ownership

Rockybl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had enough of Vodafone. Worst company ever. I have filled in a form twice to transfer the ownership of my contract to my partner. It is actually her contract. She is unable to go out, and that's why I went into town and got the contract. Vodafone said that she didn't pass the credit check. After appealing, it was successful. I have changed the billing address on the account and removed my credit card. She has added hers to it. I was lied to by some idiot I chatted with, who said that the transfer had been cancelled because Vodafone phoned both of us and got no response. That's a downright lie. No one from Vodafone phoned either of us. I am not getting in touch with them again, by chat or phone. The contract expired on Thursday. Disgraceful company. Set of liars and thieves. They often charged me £1 when I had Pay as you go 1, when I had not used my phone. Then, they disconnected my number after l had sent a text message from it only 3 weeks before. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What should have been a seamless process certainly seems it wasn't from what you write @Rockybl  :Sad_face:

I'm not sure what Vodafone have advised you but a contact does not end until requested by the account holder and Vodafone act upon that request.

Or a Pac or Stac is used.

So I appreciate you say " The contract expired on Thursday. " , but do please check this. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM can help you. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am not ending the contract. I am transferring the ownership of it to my partner. It has always been her contract anyway. Someone from Vodafone said to me today that as l received an email saying that the credit appeal had been successful and I had filled out the same form yet again, it should be transferred in 7 to 10 days. The email was sent 6 days ago, so I shall wait and see what happens. I do not have any faith in Vodafone. Their staff tell you a lot of nonsense and blatant lies. Thanks very much for your reply 😊

I meant that the contract itself expired on the 27th. It has not been cancelled. It's not getting cancelled unless Vodafone don't transfer the ownership of the contract. I have had contracts before with Vodafone which had expired for a couple of years. I just kept paying them until I eventually chose to cancel them. 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Rockybl 

Thank you for clarifying what's happening with your account.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks very much.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rockybl, I'm sorry to hear there's been a little confusion transferring your contract into your partners name. As we're unable to discuss your account through public forum such as our Community, we're unable to look into this for you here. If you pop us a private message through our social channels we'll be more than happy to look into what's happened and see what we can do to get this back on track for you.

I have been in touch with Vodafone on Twitter. Someone said that the transfer of ownership takes 7-10 days after you receive the email saying that the credit check appeal was successful. I am just waiting to see what happens. Thanks for your reply 😊

AnnS

Hi @Rockybl 

Unless you received a letter from Vodafone to confirm your partner had accepted the contract transfer the change of ownership would never have taken place. 

I am sure a lot of the problems are due to you changing the direct debit details to your partners name without first speaking to Vodafone and making a request to split the account, this would have given your partner access to the account with the direct debit details coming from her account but with the contract remaining in your name.

If you don't want to get involved in any further chats or calls, you have email, this can be done by contacting the Social Team or by following this link: Complaints 

The contract has reached the end of it's minimum period and it prevent the contract rolling over on a 30 day basis the easiest thing to do now is to cancel using a PAC or STAC code by following this link: Cancel Account 

I am not splitting the account or cancelling the contract even though it has expired. Someone from Vodafone said that the transfer of ownership should happen within 7 to 10 days of receipt of the email I received. She is paying for the contract now and her billing address is on the account. I removed my address and the direct debit which was charged to my bank account. Thanks for your reply 😊