Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

USB On The Go

JLK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Need to use USB OTG, and though Smart Prime 6 has it, it is not powering the device - anyone any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JLK  - What happens when you connect it to your phone? Does the phone display anything to indicate that the 2 devices are connected?

If you’re trying to share your phone’s data via USB, check out the Vodafone Smart prime 6 user guide for how to do this.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Hi, the USB port on the phone works in that I can charge the phone from it, but it is not powered and so will not power the Thermal camera that I am trying to use with the camera. I was told when I was looking to upgrade from Android Jellybean to Lollipop which the Smart Prime 6 does have, that the USB was powered, but it obviously is not.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JLK - If your phone doesn’t have powered USB, it won’t be able to support the function that you’re looking for. 

You have a 14 days return period on the phone if you wish to exchange this for a different model. 

If you’d like to arrange this, call our Returns team on 191. 

Hi Laura, that is the question I have had from the very start - has the Prime 6 got powered USG on the go or not. I was told it had and that's why  bought it. And having bought the phone, found that it appears not to have powered USB ON the Go. Have asked if Vodafone does any phones with powered On The Go, but no-one replied to that query. Will contact 191 in the morning and see what they say. 

Thanks for your input.

I see that someone else has had the problem about whether the Smart Prime 6 has OTG capability. I have had both answers - yes it has and no it hasn't. It does appear not to have irt from all my experiences, so what is the answer to all this confusion?

Goodman200120
1: Seeker
I have the same problem with my phone when I contacted the other cable to the phone nothing happened but when I contacted the same cable to Samsung note 3 it worked directly
Please I need help for this problem

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Goodman200120, if the cable is not powering the device then this will not work. We advise to try another device that supports USB On The Go, such as the Prime 7, to see if this works.