Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unwanted txt from vodafone

KalsR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting "It looks like you've swapped your SIM or updated...." followed by a configeration message. This happens between 10 - 15 time daily, sometimes continously. Can you please help me get rid of this; I have called 191 and told them but it hasn't stopped.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @KalsR 

That message will always be automatically sent when the phone has been updated or the SIM changed.

To stop the messages will only need your SIM to be updated on the network, this is done by downloading the updated settings or by texting WEB to 40127.  

Thanks @AnnS, I'll give this a go and see if it stops the annoying txts (over 300 so far).

hrym

If that doesn't solve it, the next step would be a replacement SIM. A Vodafone shop can give you one, and activate it for you, but you'll need photo ID for security purposes.

If it's still not right, there may be a fault with the SIM reader in the phone.   For some reason, the system think the SIM has been removed and re-inserted.   This can also happen with some in-car Bluetooth systems, which take the SIM over in order to make calls etc.