cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Egypt abusing Vodafone reputation to scam clients.

ben13
4: Newbie

I was told by vodafone Egypt that , I can use ADSL service from vodafone Egypt without a having a vodafone sim card or number, after connecting the service I realised that I have to have a sim card and to use the sim card as well;at least every now and then. I spoke to complaint department for six times and they just keep wasting my time by promising to call back and then ignoring me, each time I call they get me to explain the problem over and over(absolutely hopeless), I am just asking to stop the service with no penalty As I was intentionally misinformed by the company initially.

guys in Egypt are abusing the reputation of vodafone big time.

my complaint ref no:1-25476638286 my name :Baher Tanious phone number [Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ben13

Vodafone UK can't deal with any issues for Vodafone Egypt. Vodafone Egypt are a separate network and you need to raise this with your service provider, Vodafone Egypt.

You need to post your issues on the Vodafone Egypt forum where you will get a good response.

https://forum.vodafone.com.eg/forum.php

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

AnnS

Hi @ben13

Vodafone UK can't deal with any issues for Vodafone Egypt. Vodafone Egypt are a separate network and you need to raise this with your service provider, Vodafone Egypt.

You need to post your issues on the Vodafone Egypt forum where you will get a good response.

https://forum.vodafone.com.eg/forum.php

Hi there,

1.I would not have used Vodafone Egypt except for their Vodafone brand name, Vodafone in Egypt is an absolute joke; they would do anything to rip people off. If you need more detalis about my sorty , I can provide you with.

2. Vodafone Egypt are using Vodafone name , logo and  resources, I believe you can not take responsibility here, if you do so, I will keep posting about your response, and let people in Uk and everywhere about what Vodafone Egypt are doing under you banner. Vodafone is alwyas braging being an international company with excellent customer care (400 millions customers all over the world) well I guess it is about time to get people to know about what sort of practices are used by Vodafone. I got many stories from many other people.

I am not goign away unless my problem is solved. Already spoke to Vodafone Egypt over six times. Baher [Removed]

Baher Tnaious 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information - please see Community Guidelines]

Getafix
16: Advanced member

The UK Forum, is for UK Customers.

The UK Business is similar to Egypt or India or Australia etc, part of the Vodafone Group.

If you want to complain thne suggest you write to the Head Office of Vodafone Group.

As this Forum is looked after bu UK Customer Service Team and they don't have a say in any other part of the group.

Are you saying that the forum is there to get people to listen to Vodafone point of view, I dont have the right to let people know about the doddgy practices in Vodafone Egypt?

Getafix

wrote:

Are you saying that the forum is there to get people to listen to Vodafone point of view, I dont have the right to let people know about the doddgy practices in Vodafone Egypt?

You can let people know, but do you really think that people in UK will be concerned about the service in Egypt. They will have their own problems to sort out rather than worry about something they cannot help with.

Let me ask you a question, If there are 2 schools A and B, in differenct part of Cairo, run by a Single company. Both have their own Staff. What will complaining to Staff of A about issues with B achieve?

The UK Forum is not run by the Head office but the UK Team. And I don't think anyone in UK team is going to be able to help you.

hrym

This forum is indeed centred on Vodafone UK.   Each country where Vodafone operates has its own independent organisation, all of which come under the Group umbrella.   This forum is not related the Group, any more than, say Germany or Australia are.  Does Vodafone Egypt have a forum?  Certainly, if you want to complain about the service you're getting, you'll need to direct yourself to them in some way.   Vodafone UK can't control what they do at the UK forum staff will not get involved in this thread.   If you're not getting satisfaction locally, is there a regulator you can take the matter to?   As Getfix says, you could alternatively address yourself to Vodafone Group.  It may be that they can, as the parent body, direct you to someone who can help, but Vodafone UK can't, and especiallly can't though the UK forum.

It's also unlikely that other Vodafone users in Egypt will see your posts.

thanks for your reply, but again you guys are simply pushing me away using the excuse that the problem took place in Egypt, ignoring the fact that you are an international brand, I believe that the british consumer has the right to know that Vodafone in other countries, where the consumer is vulernable, can litteraly rip people off and chase people at thier actual adresses and chase them around with calls from unknown numbers. yo mentioned the Egyptian forum do you know that there is not a single particapnts at lest for today on that forum, can you realise how frustrating is it to deal with your Egyptian branch...... Again I would Not have used Vodafone Egypt except for it carries the brand name of Vodafone. any how I will start detaling my story on your communityandd lets leave the judgment for the people. In my opinon what happens in Vodafone Egypt is an ugly face of Vodafone and you guys just want to hide it. 

If you are honest in your approch; can you provide a contact in  the parent company. please note that your attidue is exactly the same as the attidue of the fellows in Vodafone Egypt; the client snubbing attidue.

Getafix

Just FYI, we are UK Customers of Vodafone. We are not employed by Vodafone. The information/Advice we are giving you is based on our experience and what we as forum regular know.

By aiming your grievances at us, is like Students of School A telling students of School B that they are not helping,

Suggest you google to find details of the who runs the Vodafone Group. You probably should start at vodafone.com.