cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Egypt abusing Vodafone reputation to scam clients.

ben13
4: Newbie

I was told by vodafone Egypt that , I can use ADSL service from vodafone Egypt without a having a vodafone sim card or number, after connecting the service I realised that I have to have a sim card and to use the sim card as well;at least every now and then. I spoke to complaint department for six times and they just keep wasting my time by promising to call back and then ignoring me, each time I call they get me to explain the problem over and over(absolutely hopeless), I am just asking to stop the service with no penalty As I was intentionally misinformed by the company initially.

guys in Egypt are abusing the reputation of vodafone big time.

my complaint ref no:1-25476638286 my name :Baher Tanious phone number [Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ben13

Vodafone UK can't deal with any issues for Vodafone Egypt. Vodafone Egypt are a separate network and you need to raise this with your service provider, Vodafone Egypt.

You need to post your issues on the Vodafone Egypt forum where you will get a good response.

https://forum.vodafone.com.eg/forum.php

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

Is there like a board (third part) ,which governs the practice of forum communities in UK 

Alex,

Can you be more specific..... , what sort of guidline am breching?, your eamil is very loose; Kindly I need the number of the guidline that you think am breaching.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ben13 More information can be found in our Community Guidelines, which Alex has provided a link to in the private message. Please ensure you click the subject line to view the message and you'll be able to click the link to our guidelines.

Should you have any further queries, please respond to his message.

This link is from Vodafone Egypt own face book page,.... look what Vodafone does in Egypt, yet Vodafone UK claim no responsibility, instead they brag about being international company....

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Vodafone+Egypt+pepole+say/stories-keyword/stories-public

To start with the link in your reply has ZERO visitors today, I am telling you Vodafone Egypt is one big silly joke.

https://forum.vodafone.com.eg/forum.php?langid=1

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Ben,

I've just read through this very long thread and my question to you would be, what is it you want from Vodafone UK? 

You're not a customer so they can't help you with any Vodafone UK products or services because you don't have any.

If you're unhappy with Vodafone Egypt then you need to complain to them (which you have done), if they're not resolving your issue then escalte within Vodafone Egypt. If they're not helping you, then go to the telecoms regulator in Egypt.

It's been posted that this forum is the wrong place for your issue purely because, well we're Vodafone UK customers and the e-forum staff are Vodafone UK staff so they have no knowledge or visability of anything relating to Vodafone Egypt. They can sympathise for a bad experience but can't help you.

The fact that they can't help you seems to annoy you even more. That's disappointing. But no, there's no regulator of forums. You're free to write what you like, as am I. The only condition is that you stick to the community guidelines to keep this a safe space for all.

It's important that you realise no-one is against you here. It does sound like you're not having a great time with Vodafone Egypt, so hold them accountable. Escalate within the company or go to the regulator. You'll get a much quicker resolve by doing that than you will posting here.