main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Vodafone VIP - McLaren Technology Centre

2: Seeker
Hi,
Can anybody help me. I received a text message on 6th August informing me that I had won VIP tickets to the McLaren Technology Centre on Saturday, 4th September. I immediately logged onto my account and filled in the required information (name, address etc) and received a message on screen thanking me for submitting my details. However I have still not received my tickets even though the event is only four days away now. Has anyone else received their tickets yet?
Linda
View more options
20 REPLIES 20
Moderator (Retired)
Hi LindaSM, welcome to the eForum!

Never fear, we'll get to the bottom of this for you. ;)

I've contacted our VIP team to see what I can find out for you regarding this, so as soon as we hear anything we'll get straight back to you.

And, before I forget, congratulations!

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
Hi

I havent received my ticket yet either

I'd appreciate some information too

Many Thanks
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi jcbabe2113, welcome to the eForum!

I'll get this chased, see what I can find out for you as well.

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
Good Morning All,

I am going to the same event and have not recieved my tickets aswell.

I have also not recieved any information about the event aswell eg, what time to get there..

Matt

Hi jcbabe2113, welcome to the eForum!

I'll get this chased, see what I can find out for you as well.

DaveN

eForum Team
View more options
Not applicable
I am also waiting for my tickets. I've been waiting for the postman each day this week, and he's just been today, but no tickets!! I don't have any details of the start time etc. and have to make plans for the journey.
Help please.
I understood the tickets would be sent "a few days before by signed for post"
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi busybee49, and The FooKillers, welcome to the eForum!

Don't worry, I'll get this chased up for you as well.

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options
4: Newbie
I too am waiting for my tickets...

When you logged onto your account to fill in your details, there was a PDF you could view or download which gave all the details about how to get there etc and the times, this also states that the tickets will be sent by text to your phone the day before the event.

I also received an email with a link to the same PDF on the 19th August (about 10/11 days after filling in details).

Link to the PDF

Now when you filled in your details I think it said on screen that you would be sent the tickets at least 5 days before the event which contradicts the other information.

Maybe Vodafone should consider reviewing the way these VIP tickets are handled, some of us have a 3-4 hour drive to get down to Woking and not getting the tickets far enough in advanced leaves you anxious that this may not happen at all.

Personally I am taking my 8 yr old who is to say the least very excited that he will be meeting Lewis Hamilton (on the PDF it says he will be making an appearance).

Vince
View more options
Not applicable
Many Thanks DaveN_Vodafone

Thank you also belgarion, Very helpfull.

Matt

I too am waiting for my tickets...

When you logged onto your account to fill in your details, there was a PDF you could view or download which gave all the details about how to get there etc and the times, this also states that the tickets will be sent by text to your phone the day before the event.

I also received an email with a link to the same PDF on the 19th August (about 10/11 days after filling in details).

Link to the PDF

Now when you filled in your details I think it said on screen that you would be sent the tickets at least 5 days before the event which contradicts the other information.

Maybe Vodafone should consider reviewing the way these VIP tickets are handled, some of us have a 3-4 hour drive to get down to Woking and not getting the tickets far enough in advanced leaves you anxious that this may not happen at all.

Personally I am taking my 8 yr old who is to say the least very excited that he will be meeting Lewis Hamilton (on the PDF it says he will be making an appearance).

Vince
View more options
Many Thanks DaveN_Vodafone and Vince (belgarion). I have now found my confirmation e-mail with the link to the PDF containing all the details. On checking my Vodafone account details I discovered that I had registered using an e-mail address which I no longer use and as soon as I accessed the account I found the e-mail. I was awaiting the postman as when I filled in my information there was a message saying that the tickets would be sent 5 days prior to the event and would need to be signed for. I am a huge Lewis Hamilton fan and am really looking forward to Saturday.

Linda
View more options
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. At least I now know what time it starts.

I have downloaded the pdf. I definitely didn't get one and was waiting for something in the post.

My Vodafone sim belongs in a dongle which I can use on my laptop. How will I get the ticket?
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Busybee49 and congratulations to you too, also a warm welcome to the eForum.

If the sim belongs in a dongle and you are concerned about receiving the mobile ticked, you could insert the sim into a handset a few days before the scheduled event, or a day before, and the sms should still come through.

Alternatively, and the easier option, our VMC software will allow you to receive texts directly to your laptop, I would then suggest copying this or forwarding the sms (contract only) to another mobile phone :).

The VMC software will allow you to receive sms messages directly to your laptop, as well as send if you are on a contract. PAYG modem sims only receive.

Please let us know if you have any problems receiving the mobile ticket.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
thanks everyone for the info, much appreciated as I never received the confirmation email
Now I know what time it is I just need to woek out who Im going to take with me
View more options
Not applicable
I am also waiting for my tickets. thanks
View more options
Just a heads up to everyone, I received a text this morning telling me that I will receive my tickets by text tomorrow and not to delete the text when it comes.

Vince
View more options
Not applicable
Yep got my message yesterday saying that i will get my tickets via a message tomorrow... Just waiting now for that message now!!
View more options
Woo hoo - just got my ticket.

See you all tomorrow.

Vince
View more options
PLEASE HELP!

I have received a message to my mobile phone about half an hour ago with a link to my ticket, but my mobile does not have internet access on so if I touch the link it will not open! How can I get my ticket?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jackie

View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Jackie, welcome to the eForum!

I can see from the response here that you have managed to resolve this yourself, which is great news.

Enjoy your prize!

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi guys,

It looks like some of you had the information earlier, but having finally received what I needed for you, I've emailed the details to the following:

LindaSm
Jcbaba2113
busybee49
TheFooKillers

Enjoy your trip, everyone!

DaveN

eForum Team

View more options