main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Vodafone VIP - McLaren Technology Centre

17: Community Champion
I have won tickets to the McLaren Technology Centre and accepted the prize.

Thank you Vodafone, I am very pleased.

The link on the email confirmation to see how the tickets are sent and whats included does not work. Also the online version is only a blank page.

A question

How are winners chosen ?

It seems coincidental that I have just taken out an with additional contract on my account and my present contract expires in two weeks time.
View more options
7 REPLIES 7
13: Advanced Member

I have won tickets to the McLaren Technology Centre and accepted the prize.

Thank you Vodafone, I am very pleased.

The link on the email confirmation to see how the tickets are sent and whats included does not work. Also the online version is only a blank page.

A question

How are winners chosen ?

It seems coincidental that I have just taken out an with additional contract on my account and my present contract expires in two weeks time.

nice for some eh!!

i dont know about vodafone, but the way i run comps when i have theme giveaways is take each entrant and (in order of entry) give them a number, then put the top an bottom numbers into random.org (say 1 and 1000 for 1000 entrants) then just hit randomise, that way its totally outta my hands.

on the other hand i can vizualize the old rotating drum like on blue peter in the ninties being used by vf
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi AnnS,

I will try and get some more details for you on your prize, very jelouse by the way. ;)

In regards how people are chosen, when you enter your username is placed into a draw which picks a winner at random, unfortunately i don't know exactly what method is used however it has nothing to do with your agreement or any PAYT Packs a customer may have purchased.

James
eForum Team

View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi AnnS

I have chased this up again today, and was informed that all the winners were contacted yesterday.

Can you confirm if everything is now ok?

Thanks

Martin
eForum Team

View more options
Hello Martin,

I am looking forward to receiving my mobile ticket shortly.

Thank you Martin
View more options
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Ann,

Lucky you on winning!

I was lucky enough to cover last week's VIP Karting event for our official Facebook page, I'm hopeful we'll get to do the same for the MTC visit! It'd be lovely to meet you and say hello after all your years of posting with us.

On the point of how the competitions are drawn- it's completely random. Sukhi from the team has already won more than once, which shows we don't discriminate in any way, not even against those who've already won!

Tom

eForum Team
View more options
Oh Tom,

I will look forward to that. I will give you a big hug if I see you.

My secrets out now, things will never be the same.

You know what Tom, only 10 minutes drive from here to the Tech Centre.
View more options
4: Newbie
Hi,

just to add regarding chance of winning...

I joined Vodafone VIP and entered into the previous draw on the very last day and I won tickets to MTC and took my 8yr old son down, had a great day, my lad got to see Lewis making him a very happy boy.

Now amazingly I've won again, so this time I will be taking one of my mates, its a three and a half hour drive but worth it in my opinion.

After me winning twice, my wife has now decided to enter into some of the other draws (fashion),

Thanks Vodafone VIP

Vince
View more options