Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worth trusting?

ThotHobbit
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was browsing for Samsung S8 contracts yesterdays and thanks to how ads work, I got one on Facebook about a Samsung S8 at £23 a month for £9.99 upfront with Vodafone! However i'm unsure if this is legitimate or not, as after checking Vodafone's actual site the cheapest they have is £9.99 upfront and £43 a month or something.

Please see attached photo for what website I'm referring to.

Do you reckon this is worth going for? Gonna live chat with Vodafone tomorrow to find out anyway

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ThotHobbit

I would certainly suggest to check with the Vodafone Retentions Department via calling 191 and choosing the Thinking of Leaving option first to see what they can do for you if your an upgrading customer. 

In regards to independents they can sometimes offer deals as they give some of the kickback they get from networks for opening up a contract.

They don't have a network to run so do not have the overheads of a network. 

You would become their customer with Vodafone providing the network connection. 

Just make sure they 100% upgrade your current contract and not instead open up a 2nd contract if it's not a new contract with new mobile number your wanting. 

Just to advise some discounts from Vodafone such as VEA Employers Discounts can only be used if you've opened up a contract or upgraded directly with Vodafone. 

I can't tell you what to do as it's a long term commitment your making.

Personally I wouldn't use an online only based company.

I'd prefer an independent such as Carphone Warehouse as they are online and have Highstreet Stores I can visit if necessary. 

I wish you all the best with your choices. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.