main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Off topic

using lan to cabin in garden

3: Seeker

Sorry not sure if i have posted to correct place.

We have vodafone broadband, my autistic son has a cabin at the end of the garden we have a armoured lan cable to the cabin and have been using a router so he can plug in his ps4 and pc and wifi for his phone as signal does not reach there.

the router has died (this was set up by a pc person who has since moved away and i have no idea)

what is the best thing for me to get ?

i have been given a netgear prosafe GS105 switch and a tp link tl-sf1008d but not sure if these are any good please help 

View more options
2 REPLIES
11: Established

Either switch should work fine for wired devices, but won’t provide Wi-Fi, so you would need to plug in some sort of wireless access point.

ewan

View more options

These devices look to be switches, so they'd be fine to connect to the end of a LAN cable that's plugged into your router. They won't provide Wi-Fi though as far as I can tell.

Blair

View more options